Rogers Communications says its current wireless customers will be able to place orders for BlackBerry 10 devices starting Monday.

But Rogers won�t be providing details on pricing, availability or specifications until early in the new year.

One of the few clues about the new devices in the Rogers announcement was that its first BlackBerry 10 devices will be �all-touch� � suggesting they won�t have the keyboard that was a key to the success of the original RIM smartphones.

Related:technologyWe get a sneak peek at BB10

Research In Motion announced separately that it�s giving an invitation-only preview of the BlackBerry 10 to more an 120 select government and private-sector customers in a variety of industries.

The two announcements are part of efforts to build interest in a new generation of BlackBerrys in hopes of reviving the Canadian technology company.

The BlackBerry 10 smartphones are seen as make-or-break products for Research In Motion, which has faced intense competition from the Apple iPhones and smartphones using the Google Android operating system.

BlackBerry 10 orders start at Rogers - thestar.com

I also put the rogers link http://www.rogers.com/web/content/os...n-1212-_-slot5
    TomJasper and BergerKing like this.
    12-17-12 09:23 AM
    12-17-12 09:28 AM
    Well that was a good move as they could be considered an Xmas gift in many households , thus nixing some orders for other brands at Xmas time.
    12-17-12 09:36 AM
    You guys disagreed with me, but RIM is doing exactly what I said they should be doing - "pre-orders" ahead of Xmas:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...esence-749879/

Obviously their implementation is more tactful than I suggested, and their hype creation (via positive press) is more cost-effective than what I suggested, but still, I got the general timing and results right.
    12-17-12 09:59 AM
    Yup. Already reserved mine.
    12-17-12 10:01 AM
    I'm number 92.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-17-12 10:02 AM

One of the few clues about the new devices in the Rogers announcement was that its first BlackBerry 10 devices will be “all-touch” — suggesting they won’t have the keyboard that was a key to the success of the original RIM smartphones.

BlackBerry 10 orders start at Rogers - thestar.com

I also put the rogers link http://www.rogers.com/web/content/os...n-1212-_-slot5
    See how annoying the media is? Instead of mentioning that there WILL be a physical keyboard device available, they just wrote that.
    12-17-12 10:06 AM
    Preorders without pricing?! That's bizarre.

Cibc estimates 20% gross margin on sales ( http://www.valuewalk.com/2012/12/res...now-says-cibc/ ) however.. So unless it costs them $400 to make the phone, CIBC does not expect a BB10 phone to be priced like an original playbook fail.
    12-17-12 10:32 AM
    Pre ordered!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-17-12 11:20 AM
    Preorders without pricing?! That's bizarre.

Cibc estimates 20% gross margin on sales ( Research In Motion Limited (USA) (NASDAQ:RIMM): Buy Now Says CIBC ) however.. So unless it costs them $400 to make the phone, CIBC does not expect a BB10 phone to be priced like an original playbook fail.
    It's not "pre-ordering", it's simply reserving. There is no commitment from the consumer on this as the $40 fee is refundable at any time. If the price is too high for some, they can back out at no consequence.
    12-17-12 11:27 AM
    This is great news! I can't wait until AT&T does the same. Hopefully, all the major carriers will be taking preorders by 30 January!

I hope RIM begins to advertise preorders on its BlackBerry 10 website, providing links to the various carriers once they've announced that they'll be taking preorders.
    12-17-12 11:37 AM
    It's not "pre-ordering", it's simply reserving. There is no commitment from the consumer on this as the $40 fee is refundable at any time. If the price is too high for some, they can back out at no consequence.
    Oh, well that's different then. Can anyone reserve or do you need to be a current Rogers customer?
    12-17-12 11:38 AM
    Oh, well that's different then. Can anyone reserve or do you need to be a current Rogers customer?
    give it a try
    12-17-12 11:41 AM
    You need to be a current customer.
    12-17-12 11:42 AM
    On vacation in Punta Cana at the moment (Into my 2nd week....yeah I'm bragging). Wifi at the pool, and keeping up to date with CrackBerry.

As soon as I can remember my Rogers login, I'll be reserving my phone.

Also sent a Twitter message asking....okay begging... RIM to send me an invite to the Toronto unveiling. Extreme long shot, I know. But, it never hurts to ask. Right?

No, back to the bar to get something with rum in it. Sorry, bragging again.

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900...beside the pool in Punta Cana!!
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-17-12 11:44 AM
    In truth, this does not mean anything. They are using the "preorder" system to help determine how many Blackberrys to order. This is something I have seen Rogers do with other top end releases over the past year.
    12-17-12 12:22 PM
    done, im number 211

would be cool to find out if the person who is number 1 on the list is a crackberrian.
    12-17-12 12:24 PM
    I'll have to wait and see if the other carriers follow suit. Fido isn't offering the reservations yet if at all.
    12-17-12 12:39 PM
    Rogers reserve page isnt loading my account info so I cant reserve one. Phoned them and apparently they are having issues with the script. Have tried all day but so far, no luck. Maybe a good sign. Too many request's? Or it could be Rogers crappy server.
    12-17-12 12:48 PM
    Nailed it!

Rogers reserve page isnt loading my account info so I cant reserve one. Phoned them and apparently they are having issues with the script. Have tried all day but so far, no luck. Maybe a good sign. Too many request's? Or it could be Rogers crappy server.
    12-17-12 12:55 PM
    You luck Bast@#d! Thanks,I will try again.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-17-12 12:58 PM
    you luck bast@#d! Thanks,i will try again.
    yessssss! #223
    12-17-12 01:09 PM
    for anybody that is having issues with rogers reservation screen, it took me a couple tries reloading the page to get it to sort itself out.
    12-17-12 01:17 PM
    It's gonna craaaasssh lol. But hey that's a good sign if you think about it.
    12-17-12 01:31 PM
    I'm sticking with Telus. I hear they suck back East, but out West their coverage is the best. I wonder if they'll take pre-orders as well.
    12-17-12 03:37 PM
46 12