Alright, so a friend of mine just bought a BB Curve 8330 and the same time his work bought one for him as well so he sold me his curve. It was purchased from Verizon, which I'm also using it for and it wasn't ever used. Currently I'm having a sound issue to where now twice today my sounds do not work (email, bbm, sms, etc.) and a battery pull has fixed it, but only for so long. How can I go to Verizon and get my phone fixed? I called the 611 tech support and they said I have to go into the store. Can I add insurance to this phone since I didn't buy it directly from the store? And again, how can I get them to fix it without questioning where the phone came from?
    04-04-10 05:28 PM
    well i know if you have sprint and got insurance from the get go it transfers to any device you switch to like i had an 8330 from sprint had my insurance and then i switched to an 8530 i bought from e-bay and my ins switched to that device.. but you can't add ins later on. its a one time thing.. (atleat with sprint) maybe Verizon has the same policy, so if you were always paying for ins it may have moved to your new device. i would maybe try an os upgrade that may solve your sound issue..
    04-04-10 05:33 PM
    Are you running the latest OS? Are you using one profile and assuming another?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 05:54 PM
    @ Fedge - I'm going to check into the insurance, don't remember if I had it previously or not (just had a basic POS phone)

@ AZBBFAN - I'm going to do a handheld wipe when I get home from work to back my contacts up and see what it does from there
    04-04-10 07:05 PM
    i want to say that from what i've heard (verizon may have changed their policies), the warranty follows the original owner, so once it's sold to someone else, i don't think verizon is going to service the phone. your best bet is to go in there with your friend who originally bought the phone just in case.

i don't know if you can add insurance because you bought it off your friend but if you can, you must do it within the first 30 days of purchase.
    04-04-10 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD