If I'm remembering things correctly, the dark Hub for 10.3.x rumors started from schmuck bloggers rather than from BlackBerry themselves. 10.3.0 launched with the Passport and 10.3.1 with the Classic, neither of which have AMOLED screens. The P9983, being a Q10 at significant markup for dim bulbs, did technically launch with 10.3.0 and with an AMOLED screen, but that still didn't bring about dark Hub.
    It would seem that your memory is in much better shape than mine is!

The Q10 is awful to use in bed when my Passport is charging. The only thing that makes is bearable is using Browsies 'Night Mode'.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    08-30-16 06:36 PM
    Haha. Well, just curious to know your thought on Dark Hub for Android now that it's commercial? Is it really that difficult to add a Night Theme?

Most of my devices are LCD IPS capacitive so I get no battery gains, but to be honest I'm kinda partial to dark themes.
    I know the earliest Nougat previews had an option for system-wide dark theme, but Google took it out and replaced it with some brightness and filtering tricks for "night mode". Maybe it's just not Material.

As for the possibility of a dark Hub on Android, I'd probably try it out, but it remains to be seen if I'd keep it. Although, the AMOLED screen on the Priv might get an extra couple percent out of the battery.

Still, backporting anything to BB10 would be tough, since the University of Waterloo intern assigned to develop 10.3.3 is on summer break. I also heard that they focus grouped prototypes of a dark hub and it didn't work out, although I believe the sources were the aforementioned schmuck bloggers.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    08-30-16 06:41 PM
    I know the earliest Nougat previews had an option for system-wide dark theme, but Google took it out and replaced it with some brightness and filtering tricks for "night mode". Maybe it's just not Material.

As for the possibility of a dark Hub on Android, I'd probably try it out, but it remains to be seen if I'd keep it. Although, the AMOLED screen on the Priv might get an extra couple percent out of the battery.

Still, backporting anything to BB10 would be tough, since the University of Waterloo intern assigned to develop 10.3.3 is on summer break. I also heard that they focus grouped prototypes of a dark hub and it didn't work out, although I believe the sources were the aforementioned schmuck bloggers.
    I knew you'd have the answer, lol. Well, if they're previewing a system-wide dark theme, it makes sense for BlackBerry not to waste resources on it at the moment. Knowing Google and their 'Previews' if it doesn't make it to Nougat it'll show up soon down the line, just like split screen and granular app permissions.

Yeah, not holding my breath on a dark theme for my poor little Passport, lol.
    08-30-16 07:04 PM
    As a matter of fact, you can reverse it.. There is no source on any Argons getting released anytime soon. Thus there is no source denying the release of something fictional.

Chen said two devices (Mid-range). He talked and talked about how coming up with a high range device was wrong. Why do it again?.. Thurber confirmed this and said a PKB android device is coming soon. So obviously its the Rome coming soon. No mention whatsoever by management about a third device. Such things aren't kept secret to that point, if they're releasing one, they will tell people xD.

The argon is a fantasy created from rumors. I choose not to believe it unless they (Management) say a third all-touch device is getting released.
    If you'd actually held one in your hands you might think that it's not so much fantasy. Hold on.......

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-30-16 10:00 PM
    If you'd actually held one in your hands you might think that it's not so much fantasy. Hold on.......

Like I said, I choose not to believe it unless they say something about it. No company can release a device out of nowhere without saying something about it or without any leaks.

Maybe Blaze got to see one, who knows. But if its being released 2 months from now, we would've heard something from BlackBerry.
    08-30-16 10:25 PM
    Like I said, I choose not to believe it unless they say something about it. No company can release a device out of nowhere without saying something about it or without any leaks.

Maybe Blaze got to see one, who knows. But if its being released 2 months from now, we would've heard something from BlackBerry.
    You are applying logic to BlackBerry. Assured failure. I can't wait to see that bad boy released.
    08-30-16 11:10 PM
    You are applying logic to BlackBerry. Assured failure. I can't wait to see that bad boy released.

Actually I'm applying logic generally, no company can keep a device under the radar in our days, this is not 1990. If its being released in Oct we would've heard about it. Hell, Oct is 1 month away.. We would've seen some leaks.

Guys, Its BlackBerry, not the CIA.
    08-31-16 01:41 AM
    Actually I'm applying logic generally, no company can keep a device under the radar in our days, this is not 1990. If its being released in Oct we would've heard about it. Hell, Oct is 1 month away.. We would've seen some leaks.

But there have been many rendered leaks about the device as well as rumored specs.. all coming from the same sources who accurately predicted DTEK50.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 03:52 AM
    I could see Blackberry making the next flagship a rebranded Idol 4S. It would make sense and also continue the path of letting other companies handle the hardware for them.
    08-31-16 05:33 AM
    I could see Blackberry making the next flagship a rebranded Idol 4S. It would make sense and also continue the path of letting other companies handle the hardware for them.
    Similar to Google and the Nexus line. Hey, works for me.
    08-31-16 07:14 AM
    But there have been many rendered leaks about the device as well as rumored specs.. all coming from the same sources who accurately predicted DTEK50.

Posted via CB10
    "Rendered Leaks. Rumored Specs." You said it yourself

Did you see how the Hamburg renders ended up xD?.. Not even close.. These renders are all fragments of imagination.. I tell you BlackBerry will release a new phone, you go do a render. That's where it comes from. There is NOTHING near official out there that says a high range BB is getting released. Is it the first time a rumored device ends up being just rumors? No, history is full of them.

Think of it yourself:

1- Why wouldn't they announce it.. Even 1 month before its release? Assuming its being released in Oct.. How come we didn't see any leaks like we see with all phones..

2- Chen said BlackBerry will release 2 midrange devices and that the Priv as a high range device was a mistake, why repeat the same mistake now?.. Why lie to all people? Why hide it? Its a bloody phone, not a nuclear weapon.

3- On Facebook. In a Video, for all people to see and hear; Thurber said an android PKB device is coming soon.

4- They've to be profitable by Feb/2017.. Leaving room for only one device to get released in order for it to sell and show in the earnings result. All the facts weigh up against the Argon.

I could go on and on with points that make the Argon a fairy tale but you get the idea. We heard nothing but rumors and these days, We know everything and even see the devices (Leaks) long before their release.
    Bla1ze and JeepBB like this.
    08-31-16 08:49 AM
    I'm sorry, but this Crackberry site is get rather boring. I remember when I couldn't wait to see what was going on. Things have changed here and it not not fun anymore. I just come on maybe once a day now and I hate to say I totally lost interest.
    Boring is a strong word, though I do appreciate that it is your opinion. Back in the day when there were OS leaks, findings and fixes forums, hacks, side loading, etc....the BlackBerry forums were a buzz of activity. Now with the shift in corporate strategy from BB10 to Android, the activity has obviously slowed. However, I still find bits and pieces of interesting conversations and appreciate the insights of those who are far more knowledgeable of the "under-the-hood" stuff for both OSes.
    08-31-16 11:31 AM
    Android central crap.. now..

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 11:42 AM
    Ironically the OP started the most interesting thread here in a looooong time.

Via Passport 
    DiegoV_G likes this.
    08-31-16 12:54 PM
    Any news on the much awaited BB10 Os update?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 01:44 PM
    OP is both right and wrong. He's right because blackberry devices aren't as interesting as they used to be, I mean, de Dtek50 is an security evolution of an existing phone (alcatel Idol), and because BB now run Android, makes some threads kinda redundant, since there's so many android forums out there.

With that, OP's right, because there's plenty of informed people up for a great debate/discussion, and Android or Not, this is still the best forum to talk about your phone if it's a Blackberry
    08-31-16 04:17 PM
    "Rendered Leaks. Rumored Specs." You said it yourself

Did you see how the Hamburg renders ended up xD?.. Not even close.. These renders are all fragments of imagination.. I tell you BlackBerry will release a new phone, you go do a render. That's where it comes from. There is NOTHING near official out there that says a high range BB is getting released. Is it the first time a rumored device ends up being just rumors? No, history is full of them.

Think of it yourself:

1- Why wouldn't they announce it.. Even 1 month before its release? Assuming its being released in Oct.. How come we didn't see any leaks like we see with all phones..

2- Chen said BlackBerry will release 2 midrange devices and that the Priv as a high range device was a mistake, why repeat the same mistake now?.. Why lie to all people? Why hide it? Its a bloody phone, not a nuclear weapon.

3- On Facebook. In a Video, for all people to see and hear; Thurber said an android PKB device is coming soon.

4- They've to be profitable by Feb/2017.. Leaving room for only one device to get released in order for it to sell and show in the earnings result. All the facts weigh up against the Argon.

I could go on and on with points that make the Argon a fairy tale but you get the idea. We heard nothing but rumors and these days, We know everything and even see the devices (Leaks) long before their release.
    It's real, not a unicorn. You don't have to believe it. I've seen it. Time will tell....

BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-31-16 04:18 PM
    It's real, not a unicorn. You don't have to believe it. I've seen it. Time will tell....

Have you also seen any upcoming PKB devices? That's the Unicorn I'm chasing.
    08-31-16 06:12 PM
    Have you also seen any upcoming PKB devices? That's the Unicorn I'm chasing.
    Only in a picture.

08-31-16 07:48 PM
    Only in a picture.

Did it look good in the picture?
    08-31-16 08:09 PM

You missed my tongue firmly planted in my cheek :tear:

As for rumored devices, is or isn't... the only thing that matters is its actual release. They have been able to keep OS leaks under wrap.
    Sairos likes this.
    08-31-16 09:11 PM
    I'm sorry, I was daydreaming. What were you saying again?
    LOL. This cracked me up.

Posted using the Little Beast Q10
    09-01-16 12:22 PM
    I'm sorry, but this Crackberry site is get rather boring. I remember when I couldn't wait to see what was going on. Things have changed here and it not not fun anymore. I just come on maybe once a day now and I hate to say I totally lost interest.

Posted via CB10
    Since Kevin left, the site has taken a dump big time. Not their just existing lazily. Sad....

09-03-16 01:28 PM
48 12