Hi i'm new to this. I just purchase a blackberry curve 8350i from ebay locked i believe. I will be receiving it in a few days. Now I also purchased a boostmobile starter kit for $20. I also want to xfer my existing phone number from my cricket service i have now. What are the proper step i should take to complete my existing phone # and to install my boostmobile sim card installed into my blackberry?? Don i have all the necessary items?

Please help.
    Curt
    Last edited by sccbrown; 05-25-09 at 05:12 PM.
    05-25-09 01:49 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Curt.

Boost Mobile Pay As You Go Cell Phone Service Plan

If this is the plan you are considering, it is not very well suited for use with a BlackBerry.

I have searched Boost Mobiles site, they do not appear to offer BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). That means you will not be able to use Email, Instant Messenger or most third party applications that require data.

It will will work for voice and messaging, but you will likley need to be in a Wifi Hotspot to use the Internet Browser.
    05-25-09 04:19 PM
    I was getting the $50 unlimited plan with this sim starter kit.
    05-25-09 04:32 PM
    I think there is still a prob since there is no BB internet/
    05-25-09 04:35 PM
    I was wondering if when i register the sim card, do they ask for your phone id. can you give the bb id?
    05-25-09 04:45 PM
    Yes I think so but like previously stated I still think the BB wont fully function.
    05-25-09 04:49 PM
    BB will not work without internet if i'm not mistaken
    05-25-09 09:34 PM
    05-26-09 06:32 AM
    BB will not work without internet if i'm not mistaken
    Sure it will; voice and SMS only, though. I found out from AT&T this last weekend that MMS uses the data transport but doesn't incur data charges. So, yeah, without a data plan you can still talk and SMS on a BB.
    05-26-09 10:30 AM
    But what i'm asking is how to go about the proper steps to setup the boostmobile sim card i purchased into the blackberry 8350i with xfering the phone # i have with cricket. When you register the sim card, do they ask for the Phone ID#? Because if they do if i give them the blackberry id# they may not do it. is this true? how do i get around this problem or am i wrong, they will not ask for a phone id#?

help
    thanks,
    curt
    05-26-09 12:30 PM
    Instead of buying the $20 starter kit, you should have purchased the $40 boost phone package. You need to have the service activated on a boost phone before switching the sim to a BB.
    05-29-09 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD