!!!! 70% means 56Million devices !!!!!
    Ok, ok, this is barely feasible/realistic ... but *wow* ... are you ready for a stock rally ?
    Fasten your seat belts, have a gigantum popcorn cornet and watch.
    Commented/summarized (source ): 70% of Current RIM Subscribers Plan on Upgrading to BlackBerry 10 - N4BB
    Used as an explanation of "back-pedal" : http://www.thestreet.com/story/11789...-its-lows.html
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-13-12 at 04:51 AM.
    12-13-12 03:51 AM
    [unnecessary stuff removed]

According to surveys that Scotia Capital analyst Gus Papageorgiou has seen, 70% of existing RIM subscribers plan to upgrade. That would be massive and I can't quite imagine that's possible even in my wildest dreams. However, 30-40 million out of 80 million seems very doable (including a few million of completely new BlackBerry subscribers).
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-13-12 at 10:03 AM. Reason: cleanup
    12-13-12 04:15 AM
    I think RIM will have record sales from just the L-series alone.
    12-13-12 04:42 AM
    Im buying full price, can't wait till march of 2014 for an upgrade, this samsung is driving me nuts i hate Android need BB back in my life.
    12-13-12 04:50 AM
    Yeah i miss my BB...switching from iphone 4s to the N series and not looking back ...
    12-13-12 05:18 AM
    hope and change is a winning platform, so probably 70% of Apple and Android users should be ready for a change as well,
    back to black.......
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-13-12 05:27 AM
    Thanks and I agree with every word. In a different thread I said that if even 10-20% upgraded that would mean 15Million which to me is a safe number.

I'm still not going to camp overnight to get a phone but this article makes it seam like I might have too lol
    12-13-12 05:52 AM
    Okay so 70% of Current bb users that was surveyed, which is likely not even a relatable number of people, got it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    12-13-12 06:04 AM
    Divide it by 2 and you have a killer seller.
    No try dividing it by 30. That's much more realistic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    12-13-12 06:11 AM
    I think the crucial point that is omitted from the article is the time frame for people to upgrade, 70% upgrading through the first year would not actually be that unreasonable a target for Rim, they would be selling around 12-15 million a quarter before sales to non-upgraders.
    12-13-12 06:13 AM
    No try dividing it by 30. That's much more realistic.
    Sent from my *************** using Tapatalk 2
    You know what ? just.lol
    12-13-12 06:48 AM
    All I know is that I'm upgrading. I will have an l-series phone at launch just because I want it...I'm sure others will do the same.
    12-13-12 06:56 AM
    Goooooooooooooodddmoooooooorninnnng traders !
    Attached Thumbnails [BOMB] 70% of Current RIM Subscribers Plan on Upgrading to BlackBerry 10-capture.png  
    12-13-12 07:10 AM
    It has been brought to my attention that my comment (now deleted) above is insulting to other members, and I agree.

The insult is unintentional. The point was to question the 70% upgrade figure by pointing out that the majority of existing subscribers currently own the low end devices. I picked as an example a country which has been in the press lately and it was stupid to have done this. Having grown up in a developing country myself, I should have been more aware of this.

To everyone offended by the above comment, I apologize.
    12-13-12 09:33 AM
    Don't laugh off emerging markets.

I've made the point elsewhere: in many cases a user's phone in Africa and many parts of Asia may be that user's ONLY access to the Internet. When that's the case, higher quality actually does make a difference, believe it or not. Nice mobiles become "aspirational" in these markets the way cars are in the US.

BB provides an excellent mobile experience already. Seriously. My 9900 has become hands-down my favorite Twitter platform, and I use the newsreader a lot too. The browser is even decent.

BB10 builds on that experience, from what I've seen of it so far (the browser is FANTASTIC). Wait and see...
    12-13-12 09:43 AM
    It has been brought to my attention that my comment (now deleted) above is insulting to other members, and I agree.

The insult is unintentional. The point was to question the 70% upgrade figure by pointing out that the majority of existing subscribers currently own the low end devices. I picked as an example a country which has been in the press lately and it was stupid to have done this. Having grown up in a developing country myself, I should have been more aware of this.

To everyone offended by the above comment, I apologize.
    all clear and cleaned also.
    12-13-12 10:04 AM
    And in breaking news from the Mathematics and Statistics Department at Saint Mary's University, 80% of all statistics are baseless numbers pulled from somewhere other than a sound statistical sampling of an appropriate population. Oh, the percentage mentioned in my comment is baseless as well.
    12-13-12 10:13 AM
    And in breaking news from the Mathematics and Statistics Department at Saint Mary's University, 80% of all statistics are baseless numbers pulled from somewhere other than a sound statistical sampling of an appropriate population. Oh, the percentage mentioned in my comment is baseless as well.
    Cool so I can expect to never see any posted by you then? Doesn't say much for university you're quoting also lol.
    12-13-12 10:28 AM

Let me just state it as it is. This has exactly zero importance. Heading makes all; half a second can convince anyone.
    This title (I mean what Gus Papageorgiou reported) will be quoted, read and spread.

wait a minute ... this was ironic ... pffeeeww ... I almost got caught, again !
    kbz1960 and pcguy514 like this.
    12-13-12 10:33 AM
    You know what ? just.lol
    @Superfly_FR Please don't feed the troll, not worth it + spoils the thread for all of us with their incessant negativity.

G
    12-13-12 10:33 AM
    Cool so I can expect to never see any posted by you then? Doesn't say much for university you're quoting also lol.
    did you get caught ? lol
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-13-12 10:34 AM
    12-13-12 10:48 AM
    Yes, that is like walking into an Apple store and asking who wants an iPhone.
    12-13-12 10:53 AM
    I like being one in 56 million.
    fabio984 likes this.
    12-13-12 10:56 AM
    I the majority of existing subscribers currently own the low end devices.
    If you're going to throw some stats out, back them up.

Of the 80 million subscribers, what % are:

Bolds
    Curves
    Torches
    Pearls
    Styles
    Storms

And what % are are which OS.

Do explain your methodology
    12-13-12 10:56 AM
80 123 ...