Hey guys, I have a Storm2 with Verizon where is get PERFECT reception @ "3g speed" in my house. I dont even use WiFi since it's pointless. Im thinking about picking up a 9700. Where I live, AT&T has PERFECT Edge service but no 3G *damn those commercials!*. lol. Is WiFi on the Bold relatively as fast as the Network Speed of Verizon WITHOUT WiFi? This to mean can be a deal breaker.
    12-12-09 03:27 PM
    If you have Wi-Fi at home then it's faster than Ev-Do's for sure. I don't even have
    to be there to tell you that.

I actually have perfect 3G coverage where I am but I choose to turn on EDGE and
    wifi since being on edge saves battery life.
    12-12-09 03:34 PM
    If you have Wi-Fi at home then it's faster than Ev-Do's for sure. I don't even have
    to be there to tell you that.

I actually have perfect 3G coverage where I am but I choose to turn on EDGE and
    wifi since being on edge saves battery life.

Im so torn right now. lol. EVERYONE I know has Verizon so that plays a major part in all of this BUT THE 9700 IS SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL. lol. If I can get good speeds, then i'd for sure take it.
    12-12-09 03:37 PM
    youll definitly recieve good speeds. different to compare but my tmobiles 3g is breezy and my wifi is almost just as fast, i have a home wifi network at my house and use that when home and 3g while im out and about and am happy.
    12-12-09 03:38 PM
    I use wi-fi at home and it smokes. 3G in town and just as fast. I love the wi-fi option when I am surfing or streaming music, no lags or skipping.
    12-12-09 03:40 PM
    Im so torn right now. lol. EVERYONE I know has Verizon so that plays a major part in all of this BUT THE 9700 IS SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL. lol. If I can get good speeds, then i'd for sure take it.
    The Tour 2 will be out before you know it. Just wait it out.
    12-12-09 03:48 PM
    Just remember that no all the apps on the blackberry utilize wifi. Google maps, google voice, gmail, and Yelp won't work on wifi only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 05:27 PM
    Wifi is much faster than EDGE, and sometimes faster than 3G, sometimes slower... I've been collecting speed tests from cb users (feel free to add yours if you're reading this). The link is in the thread linked in my signature.
    12-12-09 05:59 PM
    The biggest deal breaker is that Verizon's "3G" network isn't actaully 3G. It cannot do voice and data simultaneously. From a historically standpoint, Verizon's network went from being EVDO (2G) to EVDO Rev.A ("3G") over night, meaning it's purely an terminology change. I don't know how they got pass the FTC with advertising their network as "3G".

You shouldn't' care about speeds, if it can't do voice and data at the same time, it's not 3G.
    12-12-09 07:17 PM
    Just remember that no all the apps on the blackberry utilize wifi. Google maps, google voice, gmail, and Yelp won't work on wifi only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    But they will with UMA!
    12-12-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD