I hope I'm not the only one about to return the bold due to weak signal. I absolutely love the bold however my signal strength is worse than others whom use blackberry phones. I check my phone against others who have the world phone, curve and even the Iphone. My signal strength is the worst. I continually have dropped calls or no service. I'm hoping their is a remedy before i switch to the storm. I would prefer the bold but I'm left with no choice.
    12-03-08 01:19 PM
    Have you tried a different Bold before switching to a different phone all together? My Bold gets significantly stronger singnal than my Curve ever did.
    12-03-08 01:27 PM
    Well, depending on your area, and the actual build quality of your Bold, i'd say the best thing is to try to swap it out, because i have my Bold, next to my Curve, and the Bold has consistently better reception, and less battery used, even being in 3G service all the time.
    12-03-08 01:44 PM
    My Bold has excellent reception too, much, much better than my Curve.
    12-03-08 02:12 PM
    I have to ask what sim card are you running in your bold?? I was experiencing a lot of problems with a Blue Labeled Cingular 3G Sim card in 3x 8300, 1x 8310 *call quality went downhill* as well as dropped calls. Then with my Bold, I was experiencing dropped calls until last night, I went to the corporate store and got my Sim Card replaced with a new ATT 3G sim and my phone has not dropped at all and I get a lot better signal as well!

Charlie
    12-03-08 03:16 PM
    I would swap it. Maybe get a new sim card as well. My signal strength has been much better than it was on my 8310 or 8820 ever was.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 03:49 PM
    I hope I'm not the only one about to return the bold due to weak signal. I absolutely love the bold however my signal strength is worse than others whom use blackberry phones. I check my phone against others who have the world phone, curve and even the Iphone. My signal strength is the worst. I continually have dropped calls or no service. I'm hoping their is a remedy before i switch to the storm. I would prefer the bold but I'm left with no choice.
    Although I am using my Bold on T-Mobile I will say that the reception on the Bold in my house where I have a somewhat week signal is much better than the reception I was expieriencing on my Curve - I am guessing the reason my Bold does better is that the physical dimentions of the internal antenna are greater - - I am very happy with the reception on the Bold
    12-03-08 03:59 PM
    i am also getting better reception on my bold than on my curve.
    12-03-08 04:14 PM
    I did switch it out for 3 Bold phones in less than 30 days. I had my Bold a curve and an i phone all in the same location at 3 different locations. Each time the service on the Bold didn't exsist or the weakest signal of all 3 phones. I also tried this in 2 other states with the same 3 phones.
    12-03-08 08:45 PM
    I am in the same boat as you. I've had my Bold for about a week and really am starting to like it. However, I can't get voice or data service in my office (which is on a high floor in a high rise and near a window). My T-Mobile phone had no problem with either service there. I have spoken to customer service twice and the last guy said there really is no fix, but for some reason my building interferes with the ATT signal and it likely won't improve. I appreciate his honesty, but I am disappointed nonetheless.

Perhaps the rep I bought the phone from will want me to try a new handset when I go to return mine. We'll see.

But...you are not alone.
    Last edited by BTsee; 12-03-08 at 09:25 PM.
    12-03-08 09:23 PM
    I just returned a bold due to no signal at my house. Constantly said "searching for network". Signal was great at the store and map said best coverage at my house. I replaced it with a verizon curve and get max signal now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 09:33 AM
    im in NoVA and the bold rocks with its service! no complaints here
    12-04-08 09:53 AM
    have you people tried switching to 2G (EDGE or GPRS) instead of 3G? I had the same problem with 3G, the signal was always dropping off but aparently it is simply due to bad 3G coverage of my area.
    12-04-08 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD