I'm having the same issue with Orange, I've moved from TMUK to PAYG with orange. My wifi works fine if i put the TM sim in the bold, it was working with the orange sim but it turned out (so they say) that BES & BIS were activated on my account (i want BIS). They turned off BES and wifi went. I couldn't use facebook and maps (which I could have lived without more than WiFi TBH).

I've posted on the blackberry forums, i'm not allowed to post the proper link but here it is so you can cut & paste it:

supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&message.id=14297#M14297

The latest I was fobbed off with yesterday is because the Bold doesn't support UMA. If that's the reason then why does it still work on TMUK and why did it work when you had BIS & BES activated?
    02-26-09 06:28 AM
    I haven't had any probs with my wifi....soon as I connect to it, it goes bold ie white and stays white....perhaps its because I'm running an unbranded mdel ie sim free and also running the 190 os. Anyways hope it all works out for u guys having probs with wifim

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same for me...
    02-26-09 06:47 AM
    But you're not using Orange in the UK, my wifi works fine if I put a TMUK sim in but my contract is up and they're not offering any incentive to stay as opposed to Orange's �5 a month inc VAT!
    02-26-09 06:51 AM
    I'm on Bouygues Telecom in France and my wifi has hardly every worked for more than a minute or so. I have always had the same problem as the original poster.
    I was told by Bouygues to upload the latest OS which i did. Still the same.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz fed up with this.

I was in Italy last weekend, using the Hotel's fee wifi would have been great as browsing via the mobile network in a foreign country is outrageously expensive.

I can't even get online sitting next to my router here in the office.

Yet another entry in my "Very dissapointed with My Bold book" (book nearly full!!!)

Craig
    02-26-09 02:10 PM
    Make sure you all have saved your WiFi profile so that the device automatically connects to the network...
    02-27-09 10:14 AM
    Similar issues reported here on the ATT network in San Jose, CA.

Blackberry Bold

Connects to WiFi at work and at STarbucks/Barnes and noble fine, and STAYS connected. I can surf all I want for as long as I want.

At home however, I can surf between 2 and 10 minutes, then the wifi drops out. The icon still stays bright white though, and navigating to wifi connections, my home network is still connected. After several minutes, it will then turn grey (seems like its timing out).

All I have to do is uncheck wifi to disable it under connections, and recheck the box to enable it, and it'll reconnect, only to disconnect for the same 2-10 minute duration. I have noticed that when the cache goes up to about 1800kb this is when it tends to occur, although i've cached up to 2.3 mb before and did not have this issue. Wierd... nothing seems consistent.

Tried resetting router, battery pull, hard wipe and reprovision (i'm the BES administrator at work), and everything returns to normal. I would say it is my router, but I have 3 other wireless devices at home that do NOT do this, so if it IS my router, its the router AND the bold together. Dunno...

Very frustrating, as I do not want to spend money in this economy for another router to test. One thing I have NOT done is disable security on my router, but that is surely pointless.

I was able to follow the steps in the OP, and was able to navigate to get connected (As usual), but in the 5 minutes I am typing this message, I clicked a link in msn.com and had the icon turn grey on me, even though msn.com loaded perfectly. This is certainly ******** and absolutely frustrating.

My .02
    03-01-09 02:35 PM
    **UPDATE** I've got Wifi working again, allegedly Orange have provisioned me with BES & BIS and all appears to be OK. Weird thing is that i've not got either WiFi service books but it works so I'm not bothered about the details!
    03-09-09 01:07 PM
    i tried everything and it still WON'T work. i went to advanced setting>host routing table, but i dont see any "wifi[60]". so i just press the menu button and click on "register now". then nothing happens. Please help

thanks
    03-09-09 01:33 PM
    HI everyone, I just joined the BB club, and got Bold. As everyone else in this thread I am also frustrated with the wifi. It seems an issue and orange is my service provider as well. I have treid everything on the forums nothing worked in the end got to orange and to the RIM guys through them. Spend nearly an hour on the phone with him, for some reason he said they cant get my handset fully registered on thier system and hence the problem (apparently only 50% registered). Promised to call me back within 5 working days after troubleshooting with the high technical office (whatever that is).

This is for me to know whether anyone got this issue sorted out for good. If ther RIM guys dont get back to me and sort this out in the next 5 days. I am thinking of terminating my contract with orange and returning the handset.
    Many thanks in advance
    05-04-09 04:21 AM
    just wanted to update and say that i have been having wifi problems from the beginning. i'm on the stock att os. .167. i tried using a 2wire router, no good, never got an ip addy, switched to a netgear router, connected, but lost it after 2 minutes or so. i went and bought a belkin N150 router, and voila! i'm up and running. i think the bold is very picky as to what router it will connect to. at work i use a linkysys with no issues, now i'm good to go again. as a side note, when i had the iphone 3g, it connected to the netgear with no troubles, 3 laptops and xbox 360 same thing, no problems at all. i did learn though that my sons nintendo ds would do the exact same thing my bold was doing, connect then disconnect. with the new router, he hasnt had any issues at all either!
    05-04-09 05:44 PM
    Hmm, the thing is mine worked perfectly fine up until last week so it can't of just decided it doesn't like my router!
    05-04-09 05:53 PM
    Hmm, the thing is mine worked perfectly fine up until last week so it can't of just decided it doesn't like my router!
    The same exact thing today here at work. I am super annoyed and angry. I'm about to throw my POS phone to the floor along with the POS router. I'm getting enraged here.

Tomorrow I'm going to bring my other Bold here and activate it through BIS. If the wi-fi works like it's supposed to, it means it's a hardware issue on this one. If it does the same crap, has something to do with my router or maybe the phone lines.
    05-04-09 06:50 PM
    do your bolds only do this at one specific location? or does it only do this on one router? thats what finally made me switch routers, i could hook up fine even in public free wifi spots, just not at home.
    05-04-09 08:16 PM
    do your bolds only do this at one specific location? or does it only do this on one router? thats what finally made me switch routers, i could hook up fine even in public free wifi spots, just not at home.
    This crap just started today. I have another Bold at home. Tomrrow I'm going to use it and see if the same thing occurs here.
    05-04-09 08:17 PM
    Doesn't seem to like any places
    05-04-09 08:38 PM
    hmmm, that does suck. dont throw the phone forever! LOL be strong!
    05-04-09 10:48 PM
    Hi All,

Reading another thread on the BB community support forums it appears this issue is known and can be corrected by Orange. Something todo with a blackberry relay service.

Phone Orange business support on 328, explan you have BIS connectivity issues over WIFI and they should sort you out. Mine was back up in 10 mins after months of frustration...
    05-18-09 04:50 AM
    Seconding. Phone Orange (or your service provider) and they'll sort it out.

Personally I phoned Orange on 156 - the problem was sorted pretty quickly.
    05-18-09 05:49 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD