Hey Everyone,

I just had a few questions on Wifi that hopefully someone can answer. When I turn on WiFi and the icon glows white indicating its connected, does the device switch over and use only Wifi at this time or does it still continue to use 3G. I read something about going into options in the browser and switching it to hotspot browsing. Do I have to do this every time I want to use WiFi or will it automatically jump onto to WiFi first and then when WiFi isn't available use the 3G network? It seems like a pain to have to do this. Also what about the others apps? If WiFi is on and the icon is white will all the other apps use WiFi or 3G?

Thanks in advance!
    -Mike
    06-27-10 04:31 PM
    RB, no offense, but from one Mike to another Mike, why not just post this question in the other WiFi thread that you already posted in earlier today? Read my post there about settings, I do not use the Hotspot Browsing and everything works automatically with my saved Wi-Fi Profiles. Now, to see what is connected, click Manage Connections>Services Status and see if that answers any other questions. Feel free to PM me anytime and I will try to get back to you as soon as time allows.
    06-27-10 05:07 PM
    ...When I turn on WiFi and the icon glows white indicating its connected, does the device switch over and use only Wifi at this time or does it still continue to use 3G. I read something about going into options in the browser and switching it to hotspot browsing. Do I have to do this every time I want to use WiFi or will it automatically jump onto to WiFi first and then when WiFi isn't available use the 3G network? ...Also what about the others apps? If WiFi is on and the icon is white will all the other apps use WiFi or 3G?
    If you have an app that pools from the internet, it will use the 'live connection', whatever that happens to be at that that moment.

Peruse this CB thread regarding Wi-fi and settings.
    06-27-10 05:15 PM
    If you have an app that pools from the internet, it will use the 'live connection', whatever that happens to be at that that moment.

Peruse this CB thread regarding Wi-fi and settings.
    And check in here: CrackBerry Wi-Fi Forums
    06-27-10 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD