If I don't really have a use for the Wifi, i.e. I have to rely on the network for internet, should I go with a Storm on Verizon or a Bold on At&T? BTW I live and will use the phone in Oregon (Eugene).
    08-09-09 02:55 AM
    Bold is better. My friend has the storm I have the bold. He regrets going with verizions storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 03:00 AM
    There is no such thing as no use for wifi tbh.

Even if you always have good mobile network coverage, wifi saves battery and is more reliable and faster.
    08-09-09 03:35 AM
    People don't realize how important wifi is until they actually have it. BTW "the network" is very unreliable and wifi is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 06:12 AM
    I would see which carrier has better reception in the areas you frequent most (or have the greatest need). Check friends' devices on both networks in those areas. Then once you've determined which network works best, choose a phone. I'd personally go with the Tour if Verizon is your choice. The Storm is a quirky device in my experience with my clients. (Most have either switched away from the Storm already or plan on it as soon as they can.) I'm not a big fan of the Storm, but I understand that everyone uses their phone differently, so it may work quite well for some people. Best to try out anything you anticipate getting.

And as far as the wifi is concerned, I am in a good 3G area for the Bold, and I still use wifi constantly. It is just a little more responsive when browsing, etc. Plus you're not as dependent on the network (so if the tower closest to you becomes congested, etc., you still will have speedy downloads). It's just handy to have that option, IMHO.
    08-09-09 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD