Does anyone have any info? opinion? if BOTH Bold Touch 9900 & 9930 will be released at the same time? I'm on Sprint and would be very dissapointed if the 9900 is released a month before the 9930, since they are the SAME device just one being GSM and the other CDMA...hope someone can offer some word on this.
    04-27-11 07:32 AM
    Well, in my opinion, I think RIM will or should be trying to release their flagship phone on every major carrier at the same time or with in a few weeks of each other due to the competition. I know its all based on if the carriers buy the phones from RIM, but I don't think RIM can kind of do a sub par launch this year, and try to go all out next year with QNX devices. They need to get this model out to as many customers as possible.
    04-27-11 11:29 AM
    It would be nice if both released at the same time.

But remember, it's not only when RIM releases it but when the carriers decide to start selling it.
    04-27-11 11:44 AM
    It probably won't even be down to when they decide to start selling it either, some carriers will simply have a longer period of acceptance testing than others.
    04-27-11 01:58 PM
    You people do not understand.

RIM does not release a phone for a specific carrier. The carrier has to contract RIM to build them a number of phones. This is done months and months ago. RIM builds these phones for the carrier and ships them to the carrier for release.

What Sprint and all carriers will or will not get was decided early last year. A run of a couple hundred thousand Blackberry's is not like ordering a pizza.

In the end it is YOUR CARRIER who decided what models you get and not RIM. All RIM wants to do is sell it's hardware and it's Blackberry services.
    04-27-11 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD