I was speaking with a Verizon Wireless rep earlier this week when I was trying to reactive my BB tour. I did try the thunderbolt only to miss my BB horribly.

Any way when I was on the phone with the rep waiting for my tour to restart and we were making small talk. I told him I think I am going to wait for the tour touch to come out this summer and pick that up. He mentioned that the tour touch was going to come out with 4g?

Has anyone heard anything about this? That would be awesome, but I thought I read that RIM isnt developing any phones with 4g until 2012 at the earliest.
    04-22-11 12:38 PM
    I saw that is will get 14.4 mbps on GSM carriers which is their HSPA+ but I haven't heard about an actual 4g for CDMA.
    04-22-11 12:39 PM
    Reps are the last people to know what's going on.
    04-22-11 01:37 PM
    Amen! If you see the leaked vids for the CDMA Bold Touch 9930 it clearly shows it being a 3G device. And again, with most major cities still not with 4G...does really matter anyway this year? Get the Bold Touch 9930 keep it for 2yrs and by then RIM will have QNX fully running AND 4G nationwide

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 01:51 PM
    Amen! If you see the leaked vids for the CDMA Bold Touch 9930 it clearly shows it being a 3G device. And again, with most major cities still not with 4G...does really matter anyway this year? Get the Bold Touch 9930 keep it for 2yrs and by then RIM will have QNX fully running AND 4G nationwide

I hope you are right. It does not seem as if the Carriers are releasing info on their 4G deployments. I haven't heard anything about Sprint adding new markets in months. And if this trend continues, there may not be any new markets being added at all. (Clearwire and Sprint are still duking it out over payments for Use of Service.)

I'm joking of course, but it has been a while since we heard new markets being announced.

04-22-11 02:55 PM
    What's a tour touch?

lol the Tour is gone. But no way will this be 4G. Hopefully they will be in 2012, but even that may be a stretch.
    04-22-11 07:57 PM
    The LTE chipsets will be more mature by 2012 and we already know that there is going to be a 4g playbook this year, so logically you would think that the first qnx phones will also be 4g models too.
    04-23-11 04:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD