Hey all,

Relatively new to the BB field. Brother got an iPhone last Friday, however, I am holding out for a Bold probably. Have seen some spotty rumors and reviews about a BB with a touch screen user interface (thunder). Can anybody clarify the difference between all these models and series numbers?

It's quite clear the Bold is the next BB to hit the market, what does the release date look like? (AT&T, VZW) Whats the deal with the Thunder (or whatever it is codenamed) 9500? Any ideas about release dates on that model?

To me it seems logical that I will wait for one of the two, but since I am a Verizon user it seems I will have to wait longer.... UGH!!!
    07-15-08 02:22 PM
    I'm fairly certain that VZW will have a lifetime exclusive w the Thunder (touchscreen BB, who really cares exactly what model # it is). Personally I'm a fan of full qwerty, non-touch. So in Sept, when TMO releases the Javelin, I might upgrade from my Curve. If I was you, I'd definitely wait for a BB and just test hands-on the Thunder and Bold, then make a choice. You'd have an iPhone by now if you REALLY wanted a touchscreen. Just my opinion. Best of luck choosing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 02:36 PM
    What's the deal with the "javelin"?

Good point about the iPhone and the touch screen. I guess it's not a major issue for me, but seems kind of cool. How far behind the Bold will the Thunder be released?
    07-15-08 02:50 PM
    Thunder/Storm is hopefully coming out before end of year. Some think as early as september. Who knows. Preliminary information (read rumors and guess work) show it may start production very soon. It looks prretty slick. It will hopefully have the few rhings the iPhone is missing. Picture messaging, camera flash and picture messaging. Only time will tell. Some think VZW will have lifertime exclusive. Again, time will tell.

The bold is due out fairly soon and will be an ATT exclusive but not sure how long. Also looks like a really nice upgrade. But I'm with VZW and they are not likely to get the CDMA version until sometime in 2009.

Since getting my first one its easy to see why they call them crackberries.

07-15-08 04:06 PM
    isn't the javelin like the "curve 2"???
    07-15-08 04:15 PM
    Some of the reports I've found by googling have indicated that the Javelin is intended to be more of a business-class unit. I still have a case of the Wants when it comes to an iPhone, but really I just want a NEW phone. I'm holding out to see what RIM has to offer in the next few months. I love my Pearl like no other phone I've had LOL
    07-15-08 05:31 PM
    So if I am a VZW customer, and I am looking to upgrade to the newest blackberry, or rather the first one out, probably sometime between January and April, is it more feasible to pick up the Thunder or the Bold???
    07-16-08 08:07 AM
    The bold is due out fairly soon and will be an ATT exclusive but not sure how long...

Where do you get your information from? If you mean in the US, ok. But there are other carriers across the world getting it, and possibly Rogers next week.

So if I am a VZW customer, and I am looking to upgrade to the newest blackberry, or rather the first one out, probably sometime between January and April, is it more feasible to pick up the Thunder or the Bold???
    More than likely the Thunder will be released before for Bold for big red. So when the Bold actually gets here for CDMA users it may be sort of a wash because of the Thunder. It all depends on what you are comfortable with...
    07-16-08 11:58 AM
    Can someone explain to me where the Javelin fits in to all this?? What is the difference, what are the similarities?

I understand the kick start is RIMs first flip phone (I think)
    07-16-08 12:15 PM
    Can someone explain to me where the Javelin fits in to all this?? What is the difference, what are the similarities?

I understand the kick start is RIMs first flip phone (I think)

The Javelin is basically a bold without 3g, some people are very excited about this device because the form factor is more like the curve.

----------------
    Now playing: Sodom - The Saw is the Law
    via FoxyTunes
    07-16-08 01:42 PM
    Who is going to get the Javelin?
    07-16-08 02:32 PM
    Who is going to get the Javelin?
    I will if the Bold is not an option with 3G on Tmobile probably. Or I may go android as long as I can view email attachments and have push email on my gmail account.
    07-16-08 02:41 PM
    OOPS, sorry, didn't phrase question right!! What carrier is going to get the Javelin? It sounds more what I'm looking for, but my Curve is perfect so I shouldn't even be looking. sigh
    07-16-08 03:01 PM
    Bold FTW. Existing Crackberries won't find a better BlackBerry if you love the "keyboard". If you don't mind TouchScreen, go Thunder.

These 2 phones will dominate come holiday time!
    07-16-08 04:32 PM
    Still no official date on the Thunder release
    07-22-08 05:18 AM
    The javelin is a 3G-less Curve, not a bold.
    07-22-08 01:22 PM
    OOPS, sorry, didn't phrase question right!! What carrier is going to get the Javelin? It sounds more what I'm looking for, but my Curve is perfect so I shouldn't even be looking. sigh
    T-Mobile for sure.

07-22-08 01:51 PM
    I almost feel like keeping my curve till I eventually drop it in a toilet is best and wait in hopes that the thunder is avail. In my lifetime with tmo!

08-01-08 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD