Hi, all. Thought I'd drop this interesting tidbit.

My friend works for the Geek Squad in Houston and, after my constant nagging, has finally switched to Blackberry. I asked him which one he got, and he said the Bold. So naturally I flipped out and asked where he got it, to which he replied with:

"HIM (1:17 AM):
    si
    You forget where I work

ME (1:17 AM):
    Ihatechu.

HIM (1:18 AM):
    Geek Squad benefits, we get everything a week early

So of course I flipped again and asked him for the release date, and he said it was the 12th, next Friday. So I double-checked for the carrier it was being released on, and he said something that confused me:

ME (1:20 AM):
    On at&t?

HIM (1:20 AM):
    at&t and t-mobile
    mines t-mobile

So is the AT&T exclusive thing not true? Either way, it's nice to hear that it's for sure coming next week! (Barring yet another push-back of course!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 03:31 AM
    Are you sure it is the Bold and not the Curve 8320? AT&T is releasing the Curve 8320 mid-September, and both AT&T and T-Mobile carry the Curve 8320.
    09-03-08 06:26 AM
    Who knows anymore. I have never seen so much information and hype about a telephone since the IPhone, but at least that hit the stores the day it was suppose to be released.

Not until the Bold is released will we know. I hope for the 12th if not I will wait until Oct 2? The other unofficial release date.
    09-03-08 06:46 AM
    I'm going to file this under " I heard it from my father's, stepbrothers,
    second cousins daughters, best friends nieces boyfriends uncle,
    grandmothers sister-in-laws ex-husbands, aunt...."
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-03-08 at 07:31 AM.
    09-03-08 07:28 AM
    They might have gotten an unlocked Bold for AT&T which will work on TMO, but I don't think TMO will get the Bold for at least 6-9 months after AT&T gets it.
    09-03-08 07:48 AM
    Are you sure it is the Bold and not the Curve 8320? AT&T is releasing the Curve 8320 mid-September, and both AT&T and T-Mobile carry the Curve 8320.
    I'm going with this theory.
    09-03-08 08:59 AM
    Well how about asking your buddy to send you a picture of it?
    09-03-08 11:36 AM
    They might have gotten an unlocked Bold for AT&T which will work on TMO, but I don't think TMO will get the Bold for at least 6-9 months after AT&T gets it.
    It will work on T-Mo but not on T-Mo's 3G network.
    09-03-08 12:03 PM
    Well how about asking your buddy to send you a picture of it?
    +1
    I highly doubt that someone who works for geeksquad would have an idea when the Bold was dropping over majority of AT&T reps lol...tell him to get us a picture of his phone. I sure hope its true, but nothing seems to add up. Im in a predicament and need to jump on AT&T ASAP on my girls family plan and if its really gonna come out in september thats gonna save her a boatload of money from overage of minute use.
    09-03-08 12:10 PM
    I am an At&t rep. I have talked with both my store manager and my district manager. Both of them have said that they do not know the date until it is in the inventory room. It seems as though the information here is more credible than any info that I can get at the store! However, I am extremely excited about the bold and cannot wait until I can get it. I am pleased that AT&T is doing all of the necessary testing on the bold....cause the Iphone has had a lot of annoying little quirks that we have had to fix thanks to apple.
    09-12-08 11:11 PM
    I am an At&t rep. I have talked with both my store manager and my district manager. Both of them have said that they do not know the date until it is in the inventory room. It seems as though the information here is more credible than any info that I can get at the store! However, I am extremely excited about the bold and cannot wait until I can get it. I am pleased that AT&T is doing all of the necessary testing on the bold....cause the Iphone has had a lot of annoying little quirks that we have had to fix thanks to apple.

I also have heard that when the Bold is released on AT&T, it will be PERFECT, and will NOT have the same issues that Kevin has had with th ones he has got from the Rogers network. I also heard that it WILL be out/available on Oct.2 and there will not be any more of the nasty little 5 letter happenings anymore(don't want to say it)!!!
    09-12-08 11:53 PM
    one of my fellow crackberry buddies works in the geeksquad, and there is no hook-up on bolds, if there was, i'd have one by now..
    09-14-08 11:34 AM
    I would really like this to be true...
    09-17-08 06:15 PM
    It will work on T-Mo but not on T-Mo's 3G network.
    Crucial_Xtreme,

Sorry, but is there a difference between TMO's 3G and AT&T's 3G?
    09-17-08 07:33 PM
    well i just got an att blackberry curve...my father owns a corporate att store so he got it for me
    09-17-08 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD