wasn't exactly scientific, my 5min. romp w/ the storm at Verizon,

but i think that the keys are what make BB's what they are...

how you gonna alt + EACE or lglg on the Storm huh??!?!

Storm is to iPhone what the Zune was to iPod

..just MHO...
    11-25-08 06:31 AM
    There is a way to bring up the event log on the storm. I'm not sure what the other gesture does, so I don't know if there is one for that.

Blackberries used to be all about buttons. Products and companies need to expand and grow. It's no longer only buttons, so you'll have to get used to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 07:29 AM
    You can't hold down alt and press other buttons at the same time. So, alt+LGLG is out.

How about trying alt L, alt G, alt L, alt G. It works on my Curve, seems like it should work on a Storm.

Someone with a Storm care to try this out?
    11-25-08 07:40 AM
    I went to the Verizon store to play with it, but was severely disappointed that I couldn't even pick it up off the stand to play with it! FAIL.
    11-25-08 08:44 AM
    I went to the Verizon store to play with it, but was severely disappointed that I couldn't even pick it up off the stand to play with it! FAIL.

Yeah they have them on uber lock down which takes away from the experience. I am amazed at how small the phone actually is. I say give it another month or so, and the kinks should be ironed out. The iPhone has been out for almost 2 years and it still has issues.
    11-25-08 09:06 AM
    wasn't exactly scientific, my 5min. romp w/ the storm at Verizon,

but i think that the keys are what make BB's what they are...

how you gonna alt + EACE or lglg on the Storm huh??!?!

Storm is to iPhone what the Zune was to iPod

..just MHO...
    Thanks to Mista Los

Back arrow and top left corner, top right corner, top left coner, top right corner of the screen....

There's already a 10 page tip & trick sticky in there...
    It's for sure not for everyone, but it's actually a sweet addition to the BB line up..
    11-25-08 10:41 AM
    you cant even start to appreciate the Storm (IMO) unless you've played with it for several hours.
    My first 5 minutes with it, I really wasn't impressed. Now, nearly a week later, I'm extremely happy with it and don't miss a physical keyboard for just about anything.
    11-25-08 10:51 AM
    Simply because the Bold and Storm are products of the same company; it doesn't mean they can be compared. Touchscreen phones are in their own category/class; just as phones with a physical keypad are in their own class.

Of course my time (a collective one hour) getting acquainted w/ the Storm this past weekend; can't genuinely match w/ someone who has had the phone for a couple of days. I feel the hype/excitement over the Storm isn't justified in terms of the taste that my experience with the phone left me with.
    11-25-08 11:42 AM
    you cant even start to appreciate the Storm (IMO) unless you've played with it for several hours.
    My first 5 minutes with it, I really wasn't impressed. Now, nearly a week later, I'm extremely happy with it and don't miss a physical keyboard for just about anything.
    good points... i remember when i first got my pearl, i didnt know alt from a menu button! (really tho, the cust. svc rep on the line during activation was getting frustrated! lol)
    11-25-08 02:29 PM
    There 2 completely different phones offering drastically different features. Both have there own pros and cons, and each user will benefit from the features it provides. So debating which is "better" is kinda pointless.

11-25-08 05:58 PM
    For me the Bold>Storm, only because I really don't want to give up a physical keyboard. Wi-Fi is a big plus also. Now we just need a Storm with a slide out QWERTY!

11-25-08 07:54 PM
    why would you need a slide out qwerty, isn't that the whole point of the screen being click so you can somewhat experience the "feel" of a keyboard?
    11-25-08 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD