OK so I currently have a 8310 Curve with AT&T....I have wanted the bold for a while now...I have been able to mess around with the storm and I think I like it a little more....just because I see the Bold as just a better version of the Curve but nothing really out of this work where as the Storm is completely different...the thing now is that I am not sure if I want to go through the head ache of switching carriers and everything....what does everyone think...go through the head ache of porting my number and everything or stick to a Bold???

Thanks!!!
    12-31-08 08:56 AM
    id stick with the bold, im not a fan of touchscreen
    12-31-08 09:00 AM
    I know a few people who have returned their Storm.

I'm not a fan of touchscreen keyboards.
    12-31-08 09:13 AM
    I believe you have 30 days in order to transfer your current phone number. If you decide to try the Storm for 30 days, then get a new phone # with Verizon. Then if you like the storm, transfer your phone # within the 30 days. If you don't like the Storm, then just return it and get the Bold and keep your old number. Better check on that first though, but I believe you can do it that way.
    12-31-08 09:16 AM
    You and I are in the same boat. I REALLY want a Storm, but have helped enough OTHER people at work with their Storms and its current teething troubles to know I want to wait to wade into that swamp.

IMAO... if you are willing to use a what "will be" a really slick and amazing device in a few months (or longer) and wait for all the teething troubles to be worked out. If you are willing to return your phone 1, 2, 3, 4! times... to get one that is fit, trim and functional, if you are fine with numerous known lags, bugs, and idiosyncracies that may or may not be addressed in a timely fashion.. then the Storm is for you.

I am NOT being patently anti-Storm. Quite the contrary, I CAN'T WAIT for it to be as reliable as my Curve or the Bold... and I literally mean.. I can't wait. I don't have time to fudge around with screen click fixes, anti-dust expeditions, screen-lock lag, constant shut-downs and the like.

I need my Blackberry to ...JUST WORK. So far, the Storm isn't in that category... yet. It will be.. it just isn't yet.

All that said, if you can handle it, get the Storm. I really want it to succeed. I really do, just be realistic about what you're getting into. You might get lucky and have a hassle free experience. I do, wish you luck in your choice.
    12-31-08 10:32 AM
    yeah i think i will end up waiting for the Storm to be a little more reliable...i had the iphone before and didnt like the touch screen...well i liked it jus that i only liked it when i was online and i could use it sideways...hopefully more updates for the storm will be out soon and i will get it...thank you all for you help!!!
    12-31-08 03:13 PM
    being a curve user i would like the bold mainly because i'm used to the keyboard. buuuut since verizon doesnt have the bold i'm gonna try out the storm this weekend.
    12-31-08 03:14 PM
    I say go with the Bold, but you can also wait for the 9520 to come to AT&T. Or you can buy it from Rogers when they release it and unlock it and use it on AT&T.
    12-31-08 05:14 PM
    Played with a Bold last weekend, I was a lot faster on it than my Storm...I just like the capabilities of the Storm. To touch or not to touch, it's up to you
    12-31-08 05:35 PM
    If you really wanted to try it out you could always buy an unlocked storm and use it on AT&T. If you didn't like it then you could just resell it. The only problem is you don't get 3g.
    12-31-08 05:37 PM
    touch screen is nice but i played with the storm and bold also. Im just not used to the clickable screen and it didnt really have fast response. The bold i like alot cause the keyboard.
    12-31-08 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD