I just got a new Bold but I am noticing that it is running a little slow on Wifi. At least when compared to when I am using 3g. I have .266 installed and I am running an Apple router. Any ideas or is this normal?
    05-10-09 03:12 PM
    My wifi speed is better than 3g by far.
    05-10-09 03:14 PM
    Are you sure that you're actually connected to wifi? The wifi icon should be white. If it's greyed out then it's not on.
    05-10-09 03:19 PM
    It really depends how good your wifi connection is vs your 3g connection.

My home wifi is faster than 3g, but my 3g coverage is spotty in my immediate area.

When I'm on the road and can find a wifi connection (hotel) it is usually sub-par comapred to a good 3g connection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 03:20 PM
    I am on WIFI because the logo does turn white. But I am also noticing a big difference when downloading files. I know there is a internet speed test application that you can download from app world (called speedtest), but it did not provide me with accurate numbers. Any good way to test download speeds on a BlackBerry Bold?
    05-10-09 03:30 PM
    I justbought a Black berry Bold yesterday,I have a question
    will i be able to send and receive emails from my house router? or i will have to take a Data Plan from mserver Rogers? will i be able to use the function of Maps through myrouter wii fii rouuter from home or office?
    05-10-09 03:36 PM
    I justbought a Black berry Bold yesterday,I have a question
    will i be able to send and receive emails from my house router? or i will have to take a Data Plan from mserver Rogers? will i be able to use the function of Maps through myrouter wii fii rouuter from home or office?
    Congrats. AFAIK, you do need a data plan in order to use WiFi for BIS apps such as emails/BBM and for some browsing.

Other apps do allow WiFi usage with no data plan/BIS.

Enjoy your 9000.

05-10-09 03:54 PM
    I am on WIFI because the logo does turn white. But I am also noticing a big difference when downloading files. I know there is a internet speed test application that you can download from app world (called speedtest), but it did not provide me with accurate numbers. Any good way to test download speeds on a BlackBerry Bold?
    It is a good idea to test the speed of your WiFi from your computer also. Check the internet speed from the providor to your router first, then from your router to your 9000. Also, what speed is your router rated for?

05-10-09 03:57 PM
    It is a good idea to test the speed of your WiFi from your computer also. Check the internet speed from the providor to your router first, then from your router to your 9000. Also, what speed is your router rated for?

I am getting really good data speeds on my computers. The bold however will never achieve these data speeds because of the chipset.
    05-10-09 04:19 PM
    yea, I have the same problem. But my wifi symbol is grey not white. How do you make it all white?
    06-07-09 11:19 PM
    Good question. I just checked mine, and it's grey also, even though my home Wi-Fi is connected. It does NOT have a tick against it, only a dash.
    06-08-09 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD