Am I missing something? Why is that our Blackberry's get larger and larger, sizing more and more like an Android? The Passport''s unique tablet like size I get...its a new path that makes it distinct. However the size comparisons in this thread were eye opening to me about whether I want to go the Classic route from my present Bold. The Bold and Q10 I knew from use and how well they both fit my hand, use and pockets. The Classic is larger (yes its slight but definitely larger all around) and will be easier on the eyes, I get that. Also to add the toolbelt to a Q10 would mean some added device size anyway. Is it me or does it seem still larger beyond that? Do wonder what the inside discussions were at BB HQ about why to increase the Classic screen size. Is it the games? The movies? Kind of surprising for a device that is going to be centered on users more interested in communicating. Anyone else kind of surprised at the larger sizing?
    07-19-14 10:40 PM
    Am I missing something? Why is that our Blackberry's get larger and larger, sizing more and more like an Android? The Passport''s unique tablet like size I get...its a new path that makes it distinct. However the size comparisons in this thread were eye opening to me about whether I want to go the Classic route from my present Bold. The Bold and Q10 I knew from use and how well they both fit my hand, use and pockets. The Classic is larger (yes its slight but definitely larger all around) and will be easier on the eyes, I get that. Also to add the toolbelt to a Q10 would mean some added device size anyway. Is it me or does it seem still larger beyond that? Do wonder what the inside discussions were at BB HQ about why to increase the Classic screen size. Is it the games? The movies? Kind of surprising for a device that is going to be centered on users more interested in communicating. Anyone else kind of surprised at the larger sizing?
    Many users complaints about the Q10 were largely surrounding the displays size - by both business / productivity users, and general consumers.

The .4 of an inch extra will not be a huge leap, but will be more sufficient for the user's needs - in comparison.(It's not getting THAT much bigger 3.1" > 3.5" is hardly a leap.) though of course like you said, with the function keys returning, the device is bound to gain some height. Width is added to accommodate the larger display, which gains it's extra space diagonally.

It may seem overwhelming in comparison pictures, but your best bet is to wait to see one in person to make a fair judgment. Otherwise everything is conjecture with little basis.

Remember: The Classic is both shorter, and has less width than the Passport - which has largely been reported to fit in pockets, and hands comfortably.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 07-19-14 at 11:03 PM.
    07-19-14 10:52 PM
    Many users complaints about the Q10 were largely surrounding the displays size - by both business / productivity users, and general consumers.

The .4 of an inch extra will not be a huge leap, but will be more sufficient for the user's needs - in comparison.(It's not getting THAT much bigger 3.1" > 3.5" is hardly a leap.) though of course like you said, with the function keys returning, the device is bound to gain some height. Width is added to accommodate the larger display, which gains it's extra space diagonally.

It may seem overwhelming in comparison pictures, but your best bet is to wait to see one in person to make a fair judgment. Otherwise everything is conjecture with little basis.

Remember: The Classic is both shorter, and has less width than the Passport - which has largely been reported to fit in pockets, and hands comfortably.

Posted via CB10
    Coming from Bold, I bought the Q10 on its release in Germany. I had in word to go for example or in an email window lesser characters per line on my Q than on my older phone, by same font!! I imported/shared texts written with my Bold to my Q and I had lesser to "see"/read per screen!! Incredible... The quality is better on my Q, no question.
    My first reaction on this was an innocent "I wish my Q were 1.2-1.5 times bigger...
    TATA!!! Some one was listening!! The Classic might be "my phone"...
    I tend to get the Passport for the innovation though! (decision not taken yet!) My concern is its size (fits into pocket? Hands?) and the keyboard itself (want to test it, myself)!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-20-14 01:35 AM
    Shut up take my money!! Lol. Can't wait to get the Classic! Still LOVING my beautiful Q10, until then.

Posted via CB10
    Evilguppy and lactose like this.
    07-20-14 02:17 PM
    I actually wish they kept the bezel on the Classic all black like the black Q10. It seems to show less wear. The matte silver bezel on my white Q10 has not held up well. The treatment the put on it wears off so fast even when you are super careful.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 04:54 PM
    Stainless stainless stainless, there's never been a single "silver" bezel on any phone!! Lol :-P

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-20-14 11:33 PM
    Is that a 1:1 screen ratio on the Classic??

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-21-14 10:38 AM
    Is that a 1:1 screen ratio on the Classic??

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    07-21-14 12:10 PM
    Since becoming an iPhone user, The Classic is the first device I've seen that has made me consider returning to BlackBerry. It isn't nostalgia either. What I miss about BlackBerry, keyboard, trackpad, etc is returning in state of the art hardware with the latest BB10 OS. I'm excited and am definitely going to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    phuoc likes this.
    07-21-14 05:48 PM
    Since becoming an iPhone user, The Classic is the first device I've seen that has made me consider returning to BlackBerry. It isn't nostalgia either. What I miss about BlackBerry, keyboard, trackpad, etc is returning in state of the art hardware with the latest BB10 OS. I'm excited and am definitely going to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    Hopefully the hardware would be state-of-the-art. If it comes out with Q10 specs, I might just hold on to my Q10 until the next "Classic" device comes out...
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-21-14 06:10 PM
    I would rather see that too. Here's my best attempt at it. I did measure the screens to be sure they are to scale as well. It looks different than his comparison because all of mine are on the same level while he has his Q10 a bit higher than the Bold and the Classic a bit lower.
    Attachment 285565
    Browser Slagman5. Since we are blessed with 2 new qwerty devices. Which one are you getting? I am 50 50. Maybe Passport. Make Classic because if the .much talked tool belt

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 06:27 PM
    Browser Slagman5. Since we are blessed with 2 new qwerty devices. Which one are you getting? I am 50 50. Maybe Passport. Make Classic because if the .much talked tool belt

Posted via CB10
    I am waiting to see what specs the classic will have. If it has good specs, I'll get the Classic. If not, I'll wait for the next Classic device or the next Q device with a full keyboard. :-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-21-14 09:09 PM
    It is only .4" more diagonally... But to your eye, any little bit helps, but I personally don't care too much. I actually don't mind the screen size of the Q10 as it is. The keyboard's usefulness (and the Classic will be adding the toolbelt to the equation) greatly outweighs the need for a bigger screen. I won't be considering the Passport since it lacks the physical call and hang up buttons and they removed the printed symbols and numbers from the keyboard so now you need a virtual keyboard in addition to the physical one to do the same thing. I'm sure it'll be great for some people, just not for me...

I have no problem with the added buttons and trackpad. They do not add to the width of the device and are very useful. The advantage of the bigger screen is mainly due to the increase in the width. This device will display websites and documents with larger fonts while displaying the full sentence or paragraph etc. In my view, a 3.5 screen is the smallest screen that would be acceptable to users coming from another platform.

Another advantage being more icons on the screen while being actually large enough to use effectively.

I agree with Slagman they could have added to the length of the Passport to include the buttons or conversely they could have made a reduction in the width while increasing the length. I can't say that I miss the trackpad from my 9900 but it was an advantage when the screen was so small.
    07-22-14 10:38 AM
    Ask, and ye shall receive.

In this case, that is

(All to scale according to screen size)

Here you go:

Attachment 286448

Attachment 286450

Now that I've seen it, I'll definitely go for the BB10 Passport or a newer device of BB10.

I mean for starters.

BB7 Bold/Touch 9900 was good, the tool belt and i like the candybar design though but, the OS software is so old and outdated. That's why had moved over to a new device.

BB10 Q10 is the primary device I used often nowaydays. It's for me the best device ever. It has candybar design again and larger screen and also keyboard with touch functions.

BB10 Classic is sort of a remake and identical of the Bold/Touch 9900 and I personally don't go back because it's to squary and straight, no candybar desing looking or so to speak, it has the Tool belt back.. only OS software is recent new and nothing else more is innovative about that kind of device.

Because of it... I 'm surely doubt and certain aware that this device hasn't got the rotation fuction (with and without locking the rotation) to flip the screen if you wish to watch a Youtube video streaming.

From my point of view I'll will go for the BB10 Passport or a newer BB10 device like a Torch 9800 / 9810 model with BB10 OS software in it. That's for sure.. all though I will miss the candybar design and go for the biggest square screen with touch and keyboard function and non removable battery now.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 11:06 AM
    Attachment 286448

Attachment 286450

Now that I've seen it, I'll definitely go for the BB10 Passport or a newer device of BB10.

I mean for starters.

BB7 Bold/Touch 9900 was good, the tool belt and i like the candybar design though but, the OS software is so old and outdated. That's why had moved over to a new device.

BB10 Q10 is the primary device I used often nowaydays. It's for me the best device ever. It has candybar design again and larger screen and also keyboard with touch functions.

BB10 Classic is sort of a remake and identical of the Bold/Touch 9900 and I personally don't go back because it's to squary and straight, no candybar desing looking or so to speak, it has the Tool belt back.. only OS software is recent new and nothing else more is innovative about that kind of device.

Because of it... I 'm surely doubt and certain aware that this device hasn't got the rotation fuction (with and without locking the rotation) to flip the screen if you wish to watch a Youtube video streaming.

From my point of view I'll will go for the BB10 Passport or a newer BB10 device like a Torch 9800 / 9810 model with BB10 OS software in it. That's for sure.. all though I will miss the candybar design and go for the biggest square screen with touch and keyboard function and non removable battery now.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, so the Classic is too "squary and straight" so your solution is to get a Passport...

:-P Just messing with you man, lol.
    07-22-14 01:29 PM
    Ok, so the Classic is too "squary and straight" so your solution is to get a Passport...

:-P Just messing with you man, lol.
    Lol.. funny... well It's still dificult for me to pick. From the look of the first (white) picture to the right. I have seriously doubts because it has a tool belt and I do think that the specs of the Classic has no rotation flip screen and rotation lock.

And the second (black) picture, the Classic has a different model and it's a bit less squary and straight.

I'll wait and look first too the Hands on of BB10 Classic devices, then I'll decide which of the two new BB10 devices I should buy from a store.

I'm a person who loves to see new things, new innovations and new improvements.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 07-23-14 at 04:58 AM.
    07-22-14 01:47 PM
    I think that the Classic will be very close to the width of the z30 ( 72 mm or 73 mm) but shorter. Perhaps they could easily add a toolbelt to the Q10 and call it a Classic mini but I really don't think there is a market for it. There would be a market for a Q5 with a tool belt if they could "up" the quality of materials and sell it for $239.00
    07-22-14 07:21 PM
    I think that the Classic will be very close to the width of the z30 ( 72 mm or 73 mm) but shorter. Perhaps they could easily add a toolbelt to the Q10 and call it a Classic mini but I really don't think there is a market for it. There would be a market for a Q5 with a tool belt if they could "up" the quality of materials and sell it for $239.00
    So true. Q5 with a tool belt for 239 would sell very well. Just change the smudgy plastic material to something matte.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 11:46 PM
    So true. Q5 with a tool belt for 239 would sell very well. Just change the smudgy plastic material to something matte.

Posted via CB10
    As a generalization I would suggest that the many Curve non-enterprise owners out there that who have yet to convert to a BB10 device would only do so if their replacement is very inexpensive. In addition to the revised Q5, I would sell a larger battery Z10S for $250. Foxconn could make that device.
    07-23-14 08:42 AM
    Great points.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    07-23-14 08:48 AM
45 12