Spilled lemonade on my Bold while getting out of the car tonight. I didn't drown it, but I splattered it pretty good. For a while every letter I typed was accompanied be a 'u'. I thought for sure I futzed it up.

Spent some time with some alcohol, q-tips, and canned air. Also a couple of battery pulls and sim card pulls and got it back to working right after an hour or so.

Moral: never grab a cup of lemonade from the top out of your cupholder with your BB in the same hand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 11:50 PM
    Yikes! But I'm glad its working.

10-03-09 12:01 AM
    Same thing happened to me, but with milk. I picked up the glass with the pearl on top and it fell in.
    Never got it working after that.
    10-03-09 12:15 AM
    Wow lucky you..! Most of these stories end up with their phone dying. lol..
    10-03-09 12:38 AM
    Always pull bat right away... And keep it out till you get it dried.

10-03-09 02:42 AM
    wow... glad that it didn't die on you. i know what it's like to see a blackberry go. good moral.
    10-03-09 09:46 AM
    Always pull bat right away... And keep it out till you get it dried.

This is the best advise. My kids even know to do it. My sons dumb phone has gone swimming 3 times and is still working fine because my son immediately pulled the battery out. Leaving the battery in to see if it still works or putting it back in too early are probably the main reason most people fry their phones.

Canned air and blow dryers are also not recommended as they can push the liquid further into the phone and it may not dry. Then even a day or 2 later the liquid can come out and cause a short.

The phone should sit at least 48 hours to ensure it is completely dried out or placed in a bag of white rice for 24 hours.

If you have your phone back on 1 hour after it got wet, don't be surprised if something happens later on.
    Last edited by pbflash; 10-03-09 at 10:41 AM.
    10-03-09 10:31 AM
    Glad you got it going again!!
    10-03-09 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD