04-08-09 09:06 AM
30 12
tools
    The store manager had his facts incorrect. Its nothing to do with the fact that the Bold is 3G. GSM 3G is not CDMA 3G (EVDO). And the phone he was refering to was the 9630 Niagra, which is not the Bold.

The niagara is basically the 8900 + Bold put together. To me, it looks the best between the three as well.
    04-06-09 02:52 PM
    I really, really don't want to be a j*erk, but how long will it take before people realize that store managers, CSRs, retentions, etc, don't usually know anymore than we do about release dates? That the manager didn't even seem to know the difference between GSM and CDMA technologies also has me skeptical.

Again, not trying to be an @$$, but before running here and getting everyone all excited, please be sure to consider your source. True, Manager is slightly better than CSR, but not by much. All he likely knows at this point is the same thing we know, based on the leaked Sprint roadmap that BGR posted up a month or two ago.
    THANKYOU!!! The CSR's sell the phones, they don't run the company. They can say any crap they want and the sad thing is thats what people want to hear so they automatically believe them. The Bold won't be going to Sprint, you'll probably be getting the 9630 though.
    04-06-09 03:52 PM
    The niagara is basically the 8900 + Bold put together. To me, it looks the best between the three as well.
    I have to agree... and I'll take it. I dig the looks of the bold for sure and my understanding of the "rumors" flying around is that the Niagara will bring together the best of the Bold and the 8900. In the meantime, I'm OK with my Curve.
    04-07-09 09:25 PM
    FWIW, a buddy of mine who owns many Sprint stores told me after getting back from Vegas that Sprint is DEFINITELY getting the Niagra some time this summer, maybe fall. It is not the Bold, which he says has been pretty unpopular due to its bulkiness, but essentially a smaller version of the Bold.
    04-07-09 10:31 PM
    So glad I left Sprint - they typically are last in putting out new phones - Arg!
    I am not trying to be mean but i would rather wait than be with AT&T bc every since AT&T changed from Cingular to what they are now they have less coverage in areas they use to have excellent coverage and that is one of the reasons i left them. There is a royal development that i use to be able to go straight through it with AT&T with no service problems in between where i live and another town and now poor to no service. I also have a friend that lives in a small town in Louisiana that use to have great AT&T coverage and now he gets a lot of drop calls at his house but he cannot switch bc AT&T it the only one that comes in all right. Well you get my point but not only those problems they also do not have that great of customer service either. I have used all the major providers except Alltel and that is becoming Verizon and the only one of them i can knock the customer service department is AT&T is because they are not really that knowledgeable and are disrespectful at times.
    04-08-09 09:06 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD