I read an article dated today on InfoSyncWorld.com that Rim states that the Bold will be sold by other carriers after AT&T. The article came after yesterday's article about how the Bold was delayed til August on AT&T due to overheating of the BOLD.
    06-26-08 06:50 PM
    Well of course it is, no one ever said it wasn't, just a matter of when.
    06-26-08 08:41 PM
    It would be funny if RIM gave T-Mo the opportunity to leapfrog AT&T for being such tools. Hey I'm all for profit and maximizing it but no at the expense of your users. Take for example 3G, both the iPhone and the Bold have it but Apple is touting it as the second coming yet if you live outside of the major metro markets where 3G is (luckily I work in one market) then its pretty much the same iPhone 1.0 but with added GPS. Its going to be a great phone I will certainly play with one but my company finally put the BES in place and that's the deal for me.
    06-26-08 10:18 PM
    How is AT&T being a tool for not releasing a product that is overheating?

06-26-08 10:23 PM
    I think they are being quite un-toolish would you want a phone to explode in your face. Is getting a Bold 1 month early worth all of that.
    06-26-08 10:26 PM
    I think they are being quite un-toolish would you want a phone to explode in your face. Is getting a Bold 1 month early worth all of that.
    I agree with you and Jayden. Lets wait for a well rounded product. We all can wait 1 more month.
    06-26-08 10:38 PM
    Here's a post that helped clear some of this up:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bol...se-date-46559/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 07:21 AM
    I trust RIM a heck of a lot more than AT&T. I dont believe RIM has ever had an overheating problem with their phones (at least not the 5 I've owned), AT&T is probably trying to get better pricing.
    06-27-08 07:47 AM
    Just because AT&T says its overheating and RIM says it isn't well who do you believe. I say RIM, they are the mfg of the product and have it cleared for release on two other carriers already for July yet its AT&T that says its overheating and causing the delay.

That is BS and the stench it creates is horrific. While is sucks to wait 4-6 more weeks to get one I will do so but I will not buy the iPhone, I am waiting for the next iPod Touch.
    06-27-08 12:12 PM
    i wish they come on already
    06-27-08 03:14 PM
    Have you heard a spokesman from AT&T say that the Bold is overheating??? NO..you haven't!! Neither have I... Don't get me wrong, I love BGR, but that's not necessarily fact... It's speculation!! So until you hear it come straight from att, then you'd be better off to take it from the ppl who make the phones, and they say the Bold is just fine...

06-27-08 04:59 PM
    Well the RIM rep said it was just speculation

06-27-08 05:08 PM
    Well the RIM rep said it was just speculation

NO...RIM says>>> BetaNews | RIM denies delays for its 3G BlackBerry Bold phone
    06-27-08 05:26 PM
    "But in speaking with BetaNews last night, Van Drunen denied any knowledge of overheating problems. "I don't know where that's coming from at all, but it's probably from somewhere in the blogosphere," according to Van Drunen."

You see, you actually have to read the article, not just the article's title. I know it requires extra effort but try not to be too lazy.

Last edited by skyys; 06-27-08 at 05:46 PM.
    06-27-08 05:39 PM
    That was a good read at Betanews,, Boy genius probably jumped the gun on that comment about overheating.. Seriously,, why would it overheat with at&T and not Rogers?
    07-01-08 02:43 AM
    HEY! I DIN'T KNOW WHERE TO POST THIS INFO ABOUT THE BOLD BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TRUE IT IS BUT I WAS JUST ON INFOSYNCWORLD.COM AND GUESS WHAT THEY ARE SAYING THAT VERIZON AND SPRINT ETC. WON'T GET THE BOLD UNTIL JANUARY 09. HOW F##K ^& IS THAT I CANT WAIT THAT LONG IF ATT IS GETTING IT IN AUG IM GOING TO TELL VERIZON TO KISS MY A@@ AND PAY TO GO BACK TO ATT. IM JUST GOING TO LOOK OVER MY BILL EACH AND EVERYDAY THATS ALL. HEY IF ANYBODY CAN HELP ME TO GET THIS INFO IN THE RIGHT PLACE IT WOULD BE GREATLY APP. SO OTHER BOLD USERS CAN FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON BCUZ IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND IM FINDING MY WAY

WHY! WHY! WHY!
    07-01-08 10:26 AM
    HEY! I DIN'T KNOW WHERE TO POST THIS INFO ABOUT THE BOLD BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TRUE IT IS BUT I WAS JUST ON INFOSYNCWORLD.COM AND GUESS WHAT THEY ARE SAYING THAT VERIZON AND SPRINT ETC. WON'T GET THE BOLD UNTIL JANUARY 09. HOW F##K ^& IS THAT I CANT WAIT THAT LONG IF ATT IS GETTING IT IN AUG IM GOING TO TELL VERIZON TO KISS MY A@@ AND PAY TO GO BACK TO ATT. IM JUST GOING TO LOOK OVER MY BILL EACH AND EVERYDAY THATS ALL. HEY IF ANYBODY CAN HELP ME TO GET THIS INFO IN THE RIGHT PLACE IT WOULD BE GREATLY APP. SO OTHER BOLD USERS CAN FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON BCUZ IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND IM FINDING MY WAY

WHY! WHY! WHY!
    for the love of Blackberry there is no need to scream an entire post. learn how to use the caps key, better yet learn how to turn it off and only use in applicable scenarios!
    07-01-08 10:31 AM
    w/ regards to ur post... anybody that uses Verizon should know that you will NEVER get the latest Blackberry devices. this may change when the BB Thunder rolls out, but i'll believe it when i see it. they didn't get the Curve until nearly a year after it released on the GSM side! this is the main reason, other than crappy coverage, that i don't use vzw.... they are too slow to roll out devices and they always have to force their vzw branding and software interface onto every device (as well as cripple the hardware to some degree).
    07-01-08 10:34 AM
    I CAN YELL, SCREAM AND ETC. IF I WANT. THESE R MY FEELING AND NOT YOURS. I WANT U TO REPLY ON WHAT I SAID ABOUT THE BOLD AND NOT ON LEARNING HOW TO USE MY small CAPS/ LARGE caps.
    07-01-08 10:54 AM
    I CAN YELL, SCREAM AND ETC. IF I WANT. THESE R MY FEELING AND NOT YOURS. I WANT U TO REPLY ON WHAT I SAID ABOUT THE BOLD AND NOT ON LEARNING HOW TO USE MY small CAPS/ LARGE caps.
    already did - http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/bol...tml#post447393
    07-01-08 10:55 AM
    And don't u forget it baseballkyle
    07-01-08 11:05 AM
    And don't u forget it baseballkyle
    how about responding to my post instead of making useless comments like "don't u forget it".... don't forget what lol??
    07-01-08 11:18 AM
    If you want to yell, use exclamation marks. They do wonders instead of typing in all caps.

07-01-08 03:42 PM
    That was a good read at Betanews,, Boy genius probably jumped the gun on that comment about overheating.. Seriously,, why would it overheat with at&T and not Rogers?
    Everyone knows its 30 degrees colder up there... duh!
    07-03-08 04:17 AM
    AT&T for being such tools
    Unfortunately you can never trust anything that anyone at att/666 tells you.

I got a 100% guarantee from the att/666 store manager in my neighborhood that att/666 would be releasing the Bold yesterday. This was allegedly guaranteed to the att/666 store manager by his att/666 regional overlords.

Sure, any date can be delayed but the facts are that att/666's track record with the truth is very, very shady and they can be relied upon to say whatever they want regardless of how that squares up to reality.

Remember att/666's last national ad campaign? "Fewest dropped calls than any other carrier?" Total lie. Their own subscribers started filing class action lawsuits against att/666 for fraud. They quietly dropped that ad campaign knowing that they had lied through their teeth with their claims.

att/666 is a phenominal marketing outfit. It takes great talent to take close to nothing and package it up as something special and charge people more for it than everyone else.

RIM should punish att/666 but the basic facts are that they still have the largest GSM subscriber base in the USA and RIM isn't going to cut their nose off despite their face no matter how shady att/666 operates.
    07-03-08 04:56 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD