This is something thats been bothering me for a while now and I think it's time to get it off my chest. I don't understand why RIM is focusing on marketing only one product which is the Blackberry Bold and leave the other products out. Let's be honest the last time I've seen a Playbook ad on TV was months ago and not even one for the Torch 9810 and 9860. And then we all wonder why carriers are starting to list them as EOL. Don't get me wrong I'm happy that RIMs doing marketing on their flagship device and I love that they're doing a lot to get this phone in as many hands as possible but it seems like thats the only device they care about now. The Playbook is a tremendous device and also underrated but it won't hurt to do the same ad campaign that is being done for the Bold right now. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way and all I'm saying is I'd like to see a lot more ads on TV for atleast the Playbook because let's be honest, a product with no advertising won't sell itself. I hope RIM takes notes from its competitors like Apple advertising wise and start doing the same by advertising all their major products. And as we all know the first rule of business is that you have to spend money to make money.
    04-15-12 04:12 PM
    I have to agree! I've never seen a Torch commercial. Used to see PlayBook ads but no longer. They need to change this.
    04-15-12 04:21 PM
    I have to agree! I've never seen a Torch commercial. Used to see PlayBook ads but no longer. They need to change this.
    Im agree with this one too, haven't heard any.
    04-15-12 04:25 PM
    I have seen a Blackberry advertisement here in the UK for a while now you say it.

I agree though. Show the whole range.
    04-15-12 04:25 PM
    Well.....it's a known fact that RIM's marketing strategies is one NOT to be desired......It's people sitting in a all white room wondering the same thing as well, so don't feel left out
    04-15-12 04:28 PM
    I agree with you but I tend to think RIM believes the Bold my be more marketable against the competition. I have to say the 9930 I use is by far the best BlackBerry I ever used. It's size and feel are better then my earlier curve and previous Bold. Just a thought but I agree they have a lot of products they should market more.
    04-15-12 04:35 PM
    To this day I still see the commercial for AT&T's 4G 9810 with everyone in the office.. Still get a kick out of the "you could be doing all this from the golf course" and then the pan to the worker's chair swinging haha
    04-15-12 04:35 PM
    To this day I still see the commercial for AT&T's 4G 9810 with everyone in the office.. Still get a kick out of the "you could be doing all this from the golf course" and then the pan to the worker's chair swinging haha
    Yeah but AT&T is only in America but I do see those comercials sometimes when I'm watching a show or somthing on an American network like CBS and FOX. But here in Canada, major carriers like Rogers ans Bell don't advertise blackberries, they focus on Android smartphones only so we're relying on RIM to fill in that gap here.
    04-15-12 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD