I was headed to purchase my Bold today and the lady at Sam's Club told me they had sold out of Bolds and AT&T was no longer distributing the Bolds to retailers because they were phasing the Bold out and releasing a new AT&T BB in May. I was skeptical of this because it doesn't make any sense to me. Anyone else heard anything about this or know anything about this? I would hate to purchase a new Bold and then it be phased out and something new come out next month.
    04-02-09 09:48 PM
    RIM is not about to phase out the Bold, regardless of whether or not a new BB is coming to AT&T or not. It's just not going to happen any time soon.
    04-02-09 09:59 PM
    RIM is not about to phase out the Bold, regardless of whether or not a new BB is coming to AT&T or not. It's just not going to happen any time soon.
    Correct!, The Bold is a solid BB and will see a long life span.
    04-02-09 10:01 PM
    It will never be phased out, only upgraded. Its the new staple of the RIM lineup. Ousting the 8800 as the primary business device. However I wish there was a new one coming in may... one can only dream.
    04-02-09 10:05 PM
    I've had a 8830 and now a Storm. My Bro has a Bold. I can tell you that the Bold is the best phone in the BB line up. I've never seen a phone that fast before. Screen is crystal clear, keyboard is the tops. It could be the best phone on the market.
    04-02-09 10:07 PM
    They won't phase out the Bold. I wonder though if it is the full qwerty touchscreen 9900 coming to at&t is what RIM is thinking in May? who knows. Would be cool.
    04-02-09 10:16 PM
    Yea that's just crap talk right there ; the bold is phenomenal & will not be " phased " now maybe a price drop but no way will the end distribution haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 11:00 PM
    Could it be that AT&T is finally updating the software in the Bolds and they are trying to clear the channels of the older software rev?
    04-03-09 08:32 AM
    Could it be that AT&T is finally updating the software in the Bolds and they are trying to clear the channels of the older software rev?

THis is the most likely scenerio, though a stretch. Because .167 is sorely outdated.
    04-03-09 08:37 AM
    The Bold is a natural upgrade path for Curve users once they want a little more horsepower, I don't see it going anywhere.
    04-03-09 08:42 AM
    Rumor has it the 8900 IS coming soon to ATT, but the Bold ain't going anywhere!
    04-03-09 10:55 AM
    Rumor has it the 8900 IS coming soon to ATT, but the Bold ain't going anywhere!
    Yeah that's what they've been saying for the past two months lol
    Last edited by Xpimp; 04-03-09 at 11:14 AM.
    04-03-09 11:06 AM
    maybe RIM was sick of Sam's Club only selling crates of the Bold at a time?
    04-03-09 01:49 PM
    I think the sales person at Sam's Club just wanted to make a sale on another phone that they had instock..
    04-03-09 02:00 PM
    Att Rep here,

dont listen to sams club people..att isnt anywhere close to phasing them out and we have plenty here at the COR stores. Id say way less returns than the iphone. people love the bold and the phone isnt going anywhere for a while
    04-03-09 02:00 PM
    "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated"
    04-03-09 02:24 PM
    bold will have a long life and is by far the best bb...

May will be a good month for us, blackberry addict where at the WES they will announce their new device.. cant wait
    04-03-09 02:30 PM
    Definitely can't picture the Bold going anywhere anytime soon.

It is a good enough phone to be around for the next two or three years.
    04-03-09 04:56 PM
    From the amount of Bolds flying off the shelves at my work (RadioShack) I'd say the Bold is gonna be around for a while. Why would RIM take their best phone away from the market? As far as the 9900 being the phone coming in May, I'd say that prediction is a little premature. Just my opinion. I won't believe it till I see it, just like with the Niagara.
    04-03-09 05:35 PM
    I've had a 8830 and now a Storm. My Bro has a Bold. I can tell you that the Bold is the best phone in the BB line up. I've never seen a phone that fast before. Screen is crystal clear, keyboard is the tops. It could be the best phone on the market.
    I can't wait til Alaska gets 3G so I can experience the speed.
    04-03-09 05:45 PM
    Sams Club is a joke. I bet if a circus clown told you that you'd believe it too. So gullable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 12:16 AM
    I was headed to purchase my Bold today and the lady at Sam's Club told me they had sold out of Bolds and AT&T was no longer distributing the Bolds to retailers because they were phasing the Bold out and releasing a new AT&T BB in May. I was skeptical of this because it doesn't make any sense to me. Anyone else heard anything about this or know anything about this? I would hate to purchase a new Bold and then it be phased out and something new come out next month.
    the rep is full of crap -- It's one of AT&T's best handsets and has at least another year before the would even THINK of such a thing.

She was no doubt out of stock and wanted to sell you something different.
    04-04-09 12:57 AM
    You just got to love some of the misinformation that goes on out there. I always get a good chuckle out of it .
    04-04-09 01:02 AM
    You just got to love some of the misinformation that goes on out there. I always get a good chuckle out of it .
    YUP, gotta make you laugh except some of the dodos actually believe what they are telling people and other innocents like the OP get duped. Hope she didn't talk you into an inferior phone.

Unless a phone is a real bomb (and the Bold most certainly is NOT) it has two to three years before they get phased out and the Bold has only been on AT&T for what, not even 6 months? LOL!
    04-04-09 01:07 AM
    nah i doubt that
    04-04-09 01:21 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD