Hello fellow abusers.

I know were all sick of the hearsay and just want our bolds already. I stopped by a local att&t store and asked the rep whats the deal with the bold. He said no dates yet but looking around October.

I dont know how credible this guy is but thats what he told me.

I just got the 8330 with verizon and LOVE it, but im thinking about returning it and waiting for the bold. I know verizon wont get it to soon after att&t so im lost.
    ohh what to do.
    08-13-08 10:20 AM
    Should be listed in bold att rumors.
    08-13-08 11:52 AM
    Haha. They may be true because I doubt ATT will get the Bold before Rogers and aren't they looking at a September release? That's a damn shame ATT!!!!
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    NOW October

Haha. Wow!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 11:54 AM
    Nothing is set in stone. There are still working on a couple of little bugs with roaming. RIM has 100,000 units ready to be shipped for At&t but they need to get the final OS in order before its loaded onto the BOLDS and shipped out. Kevin talked about this in the Podcast that was just released.
    08-13-08 11:55 AM
    My work told me I woould be getting one in Sept. I hope they are right.
    08-13-08 11:57 AM
    Just because the "reps" don't know of the release date, doesn't mean it's been pushed back. 1) AT&T reps didn't know the release date of the 3G iphone until Jobs announced it. 2) Rogers reps don't know either, but theres a release date.
    Reps don't always know everything.
    08-13-08 12:37 PM
    I "hope" we don't have to wait that long
    08-13-08 02:35 PM
    Welcome to crackberry. Whatever, I will not even care if it's October. At that point, I will go into a wireless store and get my upgrade. Right now I can only do it over the phone with one of my lines.
    08-14-08 12:42 AM
    KEEP WAITING RIM, YOUR MARKETING STRATEGY IS STRATEGICALLY ABYSMAL, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
    Quote:
    "ZDNet Australia certainly seems to think so. According to the site, Global Bank HSBC is considering ridding themselves of their reliance on the BlackBerry, opting instead to transition their workers to iPhones. If this goes through, it could result in a bulk order of up to 200,000 iPhone units which would most likely rank as the highest mass purchases of the handset to date. The fact that a company like HSBC is even considering the iPhone is testament to robust new Enterprise features in the new 2.0 firmware. The move would be a massive boon to Apple, both in terms of sheer sales as well as public perception, and could conceivably convince other firms to consider a similar move. While we certainly won�t see the BlackBerry disappear any time soon, RIM might want to consider pushing out the Bold before the end of the decade, as product delays like this can�t do much to bolster confidence in the firm�s desire and ability to keep up with the times."
    08-14-08 06:59 AM
    Well at least he/she is talking about ATT&T and not AT&T.
    <whew!>
    08-14-08 07:19 AM
    The delay has nothing to do with RIM. RIM has the final OS ready and its up to the carrier. Actually, the Bolds will probably have to be upgraded right out of the box.

08-14-08 09:46 AM
    Thanks for the update. As of last week, I now have two updates along with an extra one for my wife. As this point, the 'BOLD Adventure" is just another journey. Almost similar to the "Quest for the Holy Grail." Not sure if I still want it when I could get the Javelin and unlock it- when it's released. By comparison, it looks bulky as h*ll.
    08-14-08 11:30 AM
    Have they said yet what provider the Javelin will be going? I know they said T-mobile but are there any other providers listed?
    08-19-08 03:25 PM
    Just spoke with a AT&T representatitve from their Customer Service line. The guy said the date of release for the Bold will be in October. I asked if that is official and he said that it is. I don't know if I believe him but that's what the guy said.
    08-22-08 05:04 PM
    Just spoke with a AT&T representatitve from their Customer Service line. The guy said the date of release for the Bold will be in October. I asked if that is official and he said that it is. I don't know if I believe him but that's what the guy said.
    I was thinking about this earlier today after the small review on phonedog.com. If it's true that AT&T will announce a release date and price at CTIA on September 10th, then I'm guessing that marketing will put it out a month from there to get everything ready to go, which would put the release date around the first or second week in October.
    08-22-08 05:30 PM
    do not believe ANYTHING you hear from a rep. if at&t wanted us to know when the bold is coming out, they would make a press release and their stock would go up.
    08-24-08 02:15 AM
    o wow if it takes that long i wont even buy the phone im about to die now waiting for itttttttttttttt
    08-25-08 12:34 AM
    Yeah I have to agree. I spoke with an At&t rep and they told me that the Bold would release on Aug 19. BOY was that not true. One thing I've learned is that the rep would tell you what you want to hear.:
    08-25-08 10:47 PM
    its not that. They are telling you what they are hearing. Most of them read the forums just like you. So when they see something they will tell customers what they hear.
    08-26-08 01:17 AM
    2 things you have to learn if you are to become a true crackhead.

#1: Don't listen to your local wireless rep/customer service representative they are often wrong and most of the time receive the right information after we do.

#2: Stay out of the Rumors forum if you want correct information. Ask the other members who the knowledgeable ones are. We have RIM employees and official testers who frequent these forums. Most items that would be classified as rumors would be under NDA which means they might not say much if anything but their information is the most reliable.

Try the Blackberry 9000 forum if you want accurate info.

08-26-08 09:19 PM
    phonegeek ftw.
    08-26-08 09:31 PM
    2 things you have to learn if you are to become a true crackhead.

#1: Don't listen to your local wireless rep/customer service representative they are often wrong and most of the time receive the right information after we do.

#2: Stay out of the Rumors forum if you want correct information. Ask the other members who the knowledgeable ones are. We have RIM employees and official testers who frequent these forums. Most items that would be classified as rumors would be under NDA which means they might not say much if anything but their information is the most reliable.

Try the Blackberry 9000 forum if you want accurate info.

great point
    09-03-08 07:47 PM
    Well, its official, The "Storm" will hit the market before the "Bold". Never envisioned that AT&T would allow Verizon to steal it's Bold thunder. What a marketing disaster.
    AT&T could have saved itself some agravation and, potentially, some customers, simply by making an "official" announcement regarding the problems they were having rather than allow the "rumor mill" to control.
    Just my opinion!
    09-05-08 07:58 AM
    Interesting where did you get this information?? I thought the Bold would hit in 2-4 weeks the Thunder wont be until at least November?
    09-05-08 08:10 AM
    I don't think the guy you asked has the capacity to answer it...Still no official news.
    09-05-08 08:20 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD