I know that it was previously announced that this model was going to continue to be produced indefinitely. Obviously Verizon had their stock cleared out. Is this from enterprise, or is it still selling relatively well in the consumer market? I know company-wide OS7 devices outsell BB10 ones, but I always figured it was from demand outside the USA.
    05-28-14 04:53 PM
    People are snapping those up fast...wherever they can find em.
    05-28-14 04:55 PM
    This is precisely what Blackberry needs to do. Clearly with them on back order there's a demand. Blackberry recipe for turnaround, give the customer what they want.
    05-29-14 10:33 PM
    Just because they are on back order doesn't mean that the distributer Verizon buys phones from doesn't have them in stock. Any company with decent inventory control is going to project how many units are likely to sell in a given period (a month, or a quarter) and only order that many from the distributer, so they don't get caught with a huge stock that they can't sell. If they sell out of that order early, there may be a brief period where they have to restock, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the phone has to be put back into production.

Now, we know that BB is going to be making more Bolds, so in this case, it is possible that the distributer, and even BB, have run out of new 9930s, but unless they release that info, no one can say if that's the case or not.

We do know that a number of big enterprises are still using BBOS and BES 5 and they obviously have to have replacement devices and upgrades for people with older phones (or new/additional employees), so they are certainly still selling them - enough that BB felt they needed to run another batch before shutting down BBOS production completely, to buy more time to convert those enterprises to BB10/12.
    05-29-14 10:47 PM
    I wish BBRY would sell them direct. Last time I checked, they didn't. If I can't get my hands on a new 99XX I'll be heading to a non-BBRY device for the first time in almost 10 years! BB10 offers few perks for me over the other big guys and my 9 month old Q10's keyboard is already failing (double-typing).

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 08:45 AM