My phone has come up with the message 'phone not allowed mm6' which I presume means that it is locked. However, when I go to sim card options and typed 'mepd' all options come up as disabled, which should mean that the phone is unlocked. Person who I bought the phone off also insists it has not been locked so I am not sure what to do? Have been told if all are disabled the phone should be working with any sim.
    Blackberry bold 9900
    07-29-12 06:49 AM
    Network Disabled definitely means the phone is unlocked.

You may want to call your carrier to ensure that the phones' IMEI has not
    been blacklisted (reported lost or stolen being the most common reasons.)
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-29-12 at 07:36 AM.
    07-29-12 07:33 AM
    My phone has come up with the message 'phone not allowed mm6' which I presume means that it is locked. However, when I go to sim card options and typed 'mepd' all options come up as disabled, which should mean that the phone is unlocked. Person who I bought the phone off also insists it has not been locked so I am not sure what to do? Have been told if all are disabled the phone should be working with any sim.
    Blackberry bold 9900
    See carrier and tell them you have a blackberry and get there data plan.if not you can only talk and text with an unlocked blackberry without right data plan.good luck with the phone.
    07-29-12 04:46 PM
    Typically, the message 'phone not allowed mm6' means that the device has been blocked. Usually due to being reported stolen.
    07-29-12 05:02 PM
    Typically, the message 'phone not allowed mm6' means that the device has been blocked. Usually due to being reported stolen.
    This could be true,the big carriers have recently announced they are gonna start checking for stolen phones.this could put a dent in craigs list and ebay sellers.
    07-29-12 05:12 PM
    hey did come right with ur 9900?
    12-25-12 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD