I just tried putting my new Bold 9780 into that standard leather sleeve (kind you get with curve or 9700) and it locks up completely when removed. None of the buttons will work including the unlock button on top and they only way to get it running again is by removing the battery. So I'm guesing this new Bold does like these Blackberry sleeves. Has anyone else tried this and had different results?

Does the Bold 9780 not work with a case that uses a sleep magnet?

Thank You
    03-31-11 10:08 AM
    I am thinking the sleeve is too new and it's hitting multiple buttons at the same time. My phone locks itself like that when i push 2 or more buttons for an extended period of time.
    03-31-11 10:14 AM
    I had this occur a couple times when I used a sleeve, I think the phone is just lagging a bit from when you initially take it out of the sleeve and it wakes up from the lock. That and probably the fact that you're pressing a bunch of buttons as it's trying to wake up, the unit is probably just overloaded with button tasks that it stall for a bit. Mine did it a couple times but it would eventually wake up after 5-7 seconds.
    03-31-11 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD