my 8 year old nephew decided to put a password on my phone so his little sister could not play with it!he cannot remember the word and we have tried 8 diferent guesses, anyone who can advise me would be my hero!
    07-02-12 09:52 AM
    Two more time & you will wipe it clean. What an 8 year old doing with a smartphone?
    07-02-12 10:16 AM
    my 8 year old nephew decided to put a password on my phone so his little sister could not play with it!he cannot remember the word and we have tried 8 diferent guesses, anyone who can advise me would be my hero!

I hope you have a recent backup of your phone.
    07-02-12 11:07 AM
    Oh wow, you may well be in deep d** d** I am sorry to say.

The BlackBerry, once password protected is very secure. It cannot be accessed by any normal means which makes it popular with the minor criminal classes cuz the cops can't get into their phones. It is that secure.

You get a maximum of 10 tries with the password and then the phone will tell you to enter the word ' blackberry ' and then it will wipe itself clean of ALL personasl data.

There is no way round this, sorry.

I too hope that you have a recent Backup or sync copy of your data becuase in two more tries, it's gone forever.

This really is a pian in the a$$ for you.
    07-02-12 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD