Does anyone else have Windows 7 yet? I did the upgrade a couple days ago and I have no problem connecting through Bluetooth to Desktop Manager and it does backups, but when I try and connect to my Laptop to play music through it or do anything else it fails because it says the driver install failed, so I troubleshoot it and it doesn't find anything, and I can't find anything on the BlackBerry website.

also strange thing when I'm playing music on my 9700 and click Activate my laptop through bluetooth it fails and then once the fail message goes away it dials a number that is recent in my call log. I understand why it fails but why would it randomly dial a number after the fail message???
    12-03-09 05:06 PM
    I have Windows 7 (64-bit) as well and a 9700. Pretty much the EXACT same issues you have, except for the dial issue from the call log. In any case, I think we're going to need a new driver to get this solved.

On another note, I used to be able to tether via Bluetooth with the built-in software with my 8900, but I get an error with the 9700. I don't think it's related, as I haven't had the time to troubleshoot the setup yet, but just saying.
    12-03-09 05:22 PM
    Yeah I agree, I think we are going to have to wait for a driver for this one, hopefully it wont be too long, but seems like they are taking forever with the SMS glitch so the driver will probably be down the road
    12-03-09 05:30 PM
    same problem running win7 32bit. when i add the device, i get 2 fails out of 4 or 5, so im guessing thats the problem. i'll take a look tomorrow to see what it drivers its missing. maybe there's an old but compatible one lying on someone's webserver.
    01-12-10 04:20 PM
    missing 2 drivers too, i can connect and play music but can not get audio for phone calls but, it does connect and start the phone call
    01-16-10 09:15 AM
    I just bought a blackberry bold 9700 and when i try to use the bluetooth to send a file from the computer to the phone, i can't. also the bluetooth driver doesn't install correctly. obviously it's a driver problem, but does anyone have any suggestions to this problem? By the way, i use a windows 7 and 64bit OS.
    02-20-10 05:45 PM
    i found this post today and i now have fully working bluetooth.
    i just tested the issue above, sending pictures to windows was instant, makeing phone calls and all from the PC work too

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/blu...ry-dtm-262776/
    02-20-10 05:59 PM
    Are you guys able to sync over BT? I have the 9700 and Win 7 Pro - 64 bit. I'd love to be able to have it automatically sync with my computer whenever I walk into the room. Is that possible?
    03-24-10 07:37 AM
    Are you guys able to sync over BT? I have the 9700 and Win 7 Pro - 64 bit. I'd love to be able to have it automatically sync with my computer whenever I walk into the room. Is that possible?
    that's been working fine for me
    03-24-10 07:40 AM
    I just found this an hour ago after searching numerous times and getting nowhere on Blackberry site and other places. I have endeavored to find a solution 3 or 4 times with no luck until today. This work around worked perfectly and I can now send/receive files which was my only interest in hooking up via bluetooth. I could hook up via usb cable without any software installed and Win & would treat my phone like a simple storage device but I was determined to get rid of the cable.

I am on an enterprise server and when I load and hook up to the desktop software it screws up my connection to the server. I was reluctant to even the load the software in order to get the drivers mentioned. I looked at the options and found I could just download the drivers, etc. and not the desktop. Did that and the instructions here worked perfectly.

Thanks for the perfect fix.
    10-09-10 01:14 PM
    Hey I suggest you to go to blue tooth device manufacturer and download its windows 7 64 bit version driven and then try to do this thing I hope its working and solve your problem
    10-19-10 02:22 PM
    I've had my bold 9700 since January this year and absolutely love it.... but I can't believe the lengths consumers have to go to in regard to the whole "bluetooth experience".

I have a toshiba satellite E205 laptop loaded with windows 7 home premium. I run desktop manager 6, which i upgraded to 6.0.0.43 today. I have used this interface since it first came out and love its functionality compared to version 5. I have also used the data cable connection exclusively up until recently when I wanted to try the bluetooth connection.

Ok, so i tried the Imax (Blue Soliel) usb bluetooth dongle which worked fine on my XP Pro and Nokia phone a couple years ago. I could pair the 9700 with my laptop and even send files from phone to laptop but not in reverse, no matter what I tried. The DM 6 recognised my 9700 and asked if I wanted to connect and then promptly told me it couldnt connect to the device due to maybe a dead battery or rebooting......

I researched the topic and read about Widdcom drivers and tried to download those, but alas, not compatible with the Blue Soliel.

So i bit the bullet today, bought an EBlue Mini Nova adapter, plugged it in and am experiencing the same problems, even after successfully downloading and installing the Widdcom drivers..

The 9700 pairs with the Toshiba and sends file to the laptop no problems. Vice versa and one gets an error message "Abort FTP operation, no services found" or "invalid pointers", even with the 9700 in receive and "listening " mode.

As for the DM, I'm pulling my hair out on that one as well.

In device manager, I see that 2 RIM Virtual serial port V2 occupy COM 6 + 7 and 2 Standard over serial bluetooth links occupy COM 31 and 33

It seems I am not missing any drivers..

Does anyone have any workarounds/solutions to this dilemna?

As per the title of my post, it is such a disappointment to have to go through all this grief, for such a basic thing as bluetooth connectivity......
    10-28-10 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD