I have searched every thread here for wifi problems on the Bold (and even on other models as well), and still have no luck connecting to the internet through wifi.

Here's everything in my Wi-Fi Diagnostics (advanced) screen:

Current Profile: (name of router)
    SSID: (name of router)
    AP MAC Address: (matches address printed on bottom of router)
    Security Type: WEP
    Association: (green check)
    Authentication: (green check)
    Local IP Address: 192.168.1.101
    Signal Level: -59dBm
    Connection Data Rate: 54 Mbps
    Authentication Failure Reason: (blank)
    Network Type: 802.11b/g
    Network Channel: 6
    Pairwise Cipher: Not Applicable
    Group Cipher: Not Applicable
    Gateway Address: 192.168.1.1
    DHCP: (green check)
    Primary DNS: 219.xxx.xxx.xx
    Secondary DNS: 219.yyy.yy.yyy
    DNS suffix: (blank)
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Server Domain Suffix: (blank)
    Certificate: Not Applicable
    Software Token : Not applicable
    L3 Auth: (blank)

I've restarted the router numerous times. I've pulled the battery several times. My Lenovo laptop has no problem connecting through the same router.

I did a few ping tests. Some of the pings timed out, some returned after 200-300+ ms. Yet the wifi icon on my home screen is still greyed out.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: more info

Not sure whether it matters, but my wifi worked fine in Los Angeles. I'm now in China and using a China Mobile SIM card (yes, I unlocked my berry). Not sure whether mobile network would affect wifi though.

Also changed browser back to Hotspot Browser.
    Last edited by greander; 10-19-09 at 01:14 AM. Reason: additional info
    10-19-09 01:11 AM
    You could try deleting the mac addres and security settings. let your Bold find your wifi by itself, then put in your password when asked.

Do you have a BB data plan with China mobile? If you don't have a data plan, I suggest you do a search for that. Thers are many threads about it.
    10-19-09 06:18 PM
    Thanks, Yandar.

I have tried deleting the wifi setting for my modem several times. Sometimes I type in the SSID myself; sometimes I let the phone find it. Either way, I successfully login to the modem, but I can't access the internet.

I do have a data plan with China Mobile, but since it charges me by the kilobyte, I want to use wifi whenever available.

(Also, China Mobile's data network is somewhat of a ripoff. Though the phone works, it's hard to get a strong enough signal for data most of the time.)
    10-19-09 08:04 PM
    Thanks, Yandar.

I have tried deleting the wifi setting for my modem several times. Sometimes I type in the SSID myself; sometimes I let the phone find it. Either way, I successfully login to the modem, but I can't access the internet.

I do have a data plan with China Mobile, but since it charges me by the kilobyte, I want to use wifi whenever available.

(Also, China Mobile's data network is somewhat of a ripoff. Though the phone works, it's hard to get a strong enough signal for data most of the time.)
    I suggest you turn off wifi security for a few minutes and test to prove the phone will connect through the router. That eliminates browser issues and network problems. When you put security back I suggest you consider WAP or WAP2. These are more secure and I remember others having problems with WEP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 09:05 PM
    When you put security back I suggest you consider WAP or WAP2. These are more secure and I remember others having problems with WEP.
    Yep, Bold's don't like WEP. Try changing your security to a WPA2 and use a PSK when setting up your connection from BB to router. Also, check to see if you are getting the WiFi Browser/Transport service books sent BIS. You do have a Blackberry Data plan through China Mobile right? If not then don't expect your WiFi symbol to turn White. All you need for data is a proper security connection, and the routers SSID on your Homescreen or WiFi Diagnostics. Switch your browser to Hotspot and you should be good to go.
    10-19-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD