View Poll Results: Bold 2 VS Storm 2

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bold II (Onyx)

18 66.67%
  • Storm II (Odin)

9 33.33%
    I asked because storm 1 has a very sucky review~
    For the 1st generation at least, here in Indonesia the sales of bold wins the storm. (by like 75%+ to boot)

So this time around they come up with bold 2 VS storm 2.
    I havent really read the review and stuff but only saw the tech spec.
    Then again, I really wanna ask people who've used them before.
    If it's just like bold VS storm, i might as well go for the bold 2 >_<.

But yeah, let me know what you guys think?
    12-30-09 11:14 AM
    Obviously I choose the 9700 because I have one.
    But it really depends on you, if you like touchscreens or not.
    But the 9700 is a great device, best bb I've ever owned
    12-30-09 11:19 AM
    apples and oranges.....

Get them both in your hands before you pull the trigger....
    12-30-09 11:23 AM
    Here in Indonesia there's no such thing as 'demo' >_<.
    The moment you open that seal on the box, you bought it~
    And the shop here don't open 1 just for you to get your crummy hands to play it with. No 30 day return policy, no refund, once you POP, you're STUCK with it~

It's just like that here >_<. Kinda miss my time in Aussie~
    But yeah, the best they can do is just give you their feedback and the closest you get to 'putting it onto your hands' is the DUMMY set which does practically nothing anyways >_<.

That's why I'm asking for user-experience here~
    But yeah, just say whatever is in your mind, ill intake everything.
    Favoritism, design, functions, size, anything.
    I just want to see what's the trend in crackberry when it comes to this 2 bb fighting off against each other~
    12-30-09 11:30 AM
    Pros and cons to both. I like the S2 for the touchscreen and functionality. The physical keyboard on the Bold is an issue for me as is the smaller screen. The S2 has a much larger viewing area. depends on you and what you intend to use it for....
    12-30-09 11:35 AM
    even though the storm 2 is GMS/CDMA hybrid i've seen it's been having all sorts of problems on GSM networks...

if you plan on staying GSM get the Onyx...

if you plan on going CDMA look at the S2 and the Tour. but as Quixin said you need to phyiscally look @ both of them.

Personally i HATE touch screens phones... and the day all touch screens are touch is the day i stop using a cell phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 11:36 AM
    I like to feel my buttons and know that I have actually done something... so not a fan of the touch screen storm 2.
    12-30-09 11:38 AM
    I voted for the Storm2 with the caveat that your provider must have decent customer service. I understand that you can't return the phone once its been opened, but what if its defective? If they aren't very good about replacing a defective device you may want to avoid the Storm2. Knock on wood, I have not had any problems with my Storm2, my battery life is excellent, and I love my phone, but from what I have read build quality if very hit or miss with these phones.
    12-30-09 11:53 AM
    I have the 9700 and LOVE it. Coming from an iPhone I love having buttons and a keyboard that can access most of my functions/apps with a press of the button, never having to actually navigate the interfeace.

Camera is way better on the 9700.

Processor is faster I believe.

Faux leather back is pretty.

Trackpad is nice.
    12-30-09 12:00 PM
    Total Newb here (got my first blackberry a week ago) but I would definitely go with the Storm. Although it's much more fragile and may take some time getting used to, in my opinion a touch screen is essential to speed and efficiency.

I just can't stand the scroll balls. Remember those computer mice that used a ball to detect direction? Well, it's exactly the same technology, except the blackberry scroll ball takes it even one step further; they are NOT easy to clean. Once laser tracking came about, it was a whole new world. . Ball-mice sell for 75 cents now and I think touch screens embody the same evolution.
    12-30-09 12:05 PM
    It honestly depends on what you're going to do with it.
    Spec-wise, they're almost identical. Same app memory, same 5.0 OS

If you like to browse the internet and listen to music and watch videos, the Storm 2 has a lot more viewing space than the bold 2.

If you're a business centered person, I prefer my bold 2 over my storm 2 for emailing and the like; it's hard to type out long emails on my storm 2, and I've found that my WPM is a lot higher with the physical keyboard.

Other than that, it all comes down to personal preference.

Hope I helped!

-Jordan
    12-30-09 12:05 PM
    Total Newb here (got my first blackberry a week ago) but I would definitely go with the Storm. Although it's much more fragile and may take some time getting used to, in my opinion a touch screen is essential to speed and efficiency.

I just can't stand the scroll balls. Remember those computer mice that used a ball to detect direction? Well, it's exactly the same technology, except the blackberry scroll ball takes it even one step further; they are NOT easy to clean. Once laser tracking came about, it was a whole new world. . Ball-mice sell for 75 cents now and I think touch screens embody the same evolution.
    The 9700 dosent have a scroll ball, it has a trackpad. very speedy and efficient.
    12-30-09 12:08 PM
    I don't like the touchscreen so I voted for the Bold. I like to feel the buttons when I type and stuff.
    12-30-09 12:09 PM
    It honestly depends on what you're going to do with it.
    Spec-wise, they're almost identical. Same app memory, same 5.0 OS

If you like to browse the internet and listen to music and watch videos, the Storm 2 has a lot more viewing space than the bold 2.

If you're a business centered person, I prefer my bold 2 over my storm 2 for emailing and the like; it's hard to type out long emails on my storm 2, and I've found that my WPM is a lot higher with the physical keyboard.

Other than that, it all comes down to personal preference.

Hope I helped!

-Jordan
    hey my name is Jordan B also! Whats your last name?
    12-30-09 12:09 PM
    even though the storm 2 is GMS/CDMA hybrid i've seen it's been having all sorts of problems on GSM networks...

if you plan on staying GSM get the Onyx...

if you plan on going CDMA look at the S2 and the Tour. but as Quixin said you need to phyiscally look @ both of them.

Personally i HATE touch screens phones... and the day all touch screens are touch is the day i stop using a cell phone.

For one, CDMA doesn't even exist outside of North America in sizeable numbers. Two, he said that he can't even really demo the phones.

I'd go with the Bold 2/9700. It's the best of the true BlackBerry experience. Fantastic QWERTY for messaging and you can't get much better than it when it comes to BlackBerry for the next year at least.
    12-30-09 01:59 PM
    I mean it depends on your needs which phone you would like. My husband has the bold 2 and I have the storm 2 and I like his phone and he likes mine especially because he says the storm 2 is much better than the storm 1.

12-30-09 02:04 PM
    For one, CDMA doesn't even exist outside of North America in sizeable numbers. Two, he said that he can't even really demo the phones.

I'd go with the Bold 2/9700. It's the best of the true BlackBerry experience. Fantastic QWERTY for messaging and you can't get much better than it when it comes to BlackBerry for the next year at least.
    1) i'm @ work - being why everything is posted from WAP... they block the full site...and since i'm at work i can only post inbetween phone calls....
    2) in the midst of me typing and posting it that along with the ones following it showed up on the thread...
    3) before you jump down someone's neck.... don't be so quick to judge...

12-30-09 02:07 PM
    i vote for the 9700
    12-30-09 07:16 PM
    I voted for the Storm2 with the caveat that your provider must have decent customer service. I understand that you can't return the phone once its been opened, but what if its defective? If they aren't very good about replacing a defective device you may want to avoid the Storm2. Knock on wood, I have not had any problems with my Storm2, my battery life is excellent, and I love my phone, but from what I have read build quality if very hit or miss with these phones.
    If it's defective, you have warranty so you can use that.
    The most they do here is do a 1-1 exchange the phone WITHIN 72 hours or 1 week *at most* if there's any defect! That's why some people have actually tried 'deliberate' spoiling the phone within that period of time before exchanging it -_-.
    12-30-09 10:33 PM
    Another thing i'd like to ask with regards to the 9700.
    One thing I was aware of is that bold II is smaller then bold,
    so that leads me to thinking, won't it be much more difficult to type on since the keyboard is smaller?
    12-30-09 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD