Hey guys,

I was on the net and I came across this http://www.bodywellchip.com/ .It's called the Bodywell Chip. It is a chip about the size of a sim card that reduces absorption of radiation to ones head or body from a cell phone. The chip adheres to the back of any mobile device. The way the technology works is somewhat similar to how noise canceling headphones cancel out surrounding noises, only it does that to the non-ionized radiation of cell phones. I've read a few reviews and it does not seem to disrupt the phones reception.

I was just wondering if any of you guys have heard of it or have had any experience with it because I'm thinking of getting one but not sure.

Thoughts.....if any? LOL
    Last edited by KnifeEdge25; 03-16-13 at 06:43 PM.
    03-16-13 06:14 PM
    Well safety is key so if at the right price why not

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 06:51 PM
    Tinfoil hat works better.

This thread feels like gross guerrilla marketing hocking a product that preys on people's poor understanding of technology.

If that is the case, shame on you.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 07:16 PM
    Also your little puppet show is pathetic and transparent.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 07:17 PM
    No guys honestly I'm not trying to advertise this product I'm asking if it's worth it or just a gimmick. I'm as skeptical as any one else on here. I just haven't found anyone or know anyone with one or have even heard of it that's why it seems fishy to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 07:45 PM
    I am going to say gimmick but thats my personal opinion
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-16-13 07:50 PM
    I just borrow the lead vest from my dentist when I need to make calls.
    jstarett likes this.
    03-16-13 07:58 PM
    I've got a bridge for sale. Anyone interested?

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    03-16-13 08:02 PM
    Lead vest sounds appropriate lol, going on the shopping list

Posted via CB10
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    03-16-13 08:09 PM
    I feel that way to because if it really worked wouldn't it be all over the place as the next big thing?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 08:13 PM
    Such a tiny amount of radiation coming out of cells it's not even worth it. Everyone needs to stop over reacting to every little thing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-16-13 08:16 PM
    I've got a bridge for sale. Anyone interested?

Is it safe?

Posted via CB10
    jesse_h and KnifeEdge25 like this.
    03-16-13 09:08 PM
    Is it safe?

Posted via CB10
    Define "safe"......

cjcampbell and KnifeEdge25 like this.
    03-16-13 10:13 PM
    If you read the stories on this you will see it is not a chip, but is just made to look like one. The whole card is apparently zapped with a special and patented blend "coated with minerals and metals to counteract energy". Sounds funny, but what do I know. The science tests at an FCC lab seems to show that the device does reduce "specific absorption rate" of cell phone radiation by around 80% if you have an iPhone. Not sure about my Blackberry; it didn't test that - just the Droid and the Apple. If it works, great. The real question is does cell phone radiation cause any harm? Not sure. Maybe they're selling water in the ocean, but maybe it's fresh water in the sea of salt. If you care about cell phone radiation - maybe its an ounce of protection. Here are the two pieces I saw on this after reading the post here.

Bodywell Chip Cuts Smartphone Radiation Up to 80 Percent: Researchers
    'Chip' Marketed as Protection from Cell Phone Radiation | Sci-Tech Today
    03-18-13 08:18 AM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 11:23 AM
    I take these type of things as seriously as those signal booster stickers "As Seen On TV"...
    03-18-13 11:54 AM
    esoteric bull$h!t to make money... ;-(((
    03-18-13 12:44 PM
    esoteric bull$h!t to make money... ;-(((
    Yeah, but Whole Foods opened a whole industry for esoteric BS that just generates cash. Organic foods, free range... If people have a fear, someone will create a market for items that alleviate such.
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    03-18-13 02:59 PM
    Yeah, but Whole Foods opened a whole industry for esoteric BS that just generates cash. Organic foods, free range... If people have a fear, someone will create a market for items that alleviate such.
    Amen lol that's so Damn true

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 06:14 PM
    Damn, I'm totally convinced, 1 post and I'm a believer Where do I buy.......

As believable as the electric Turbo.
    03-19-13 01:05 PM
    "It does not seem to disrupt the phone reception"
    Right, because it's not doing anything at all.

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-19-13 01:58 PM
    No. Not at all......
    03-19-13 08:37 PM
    Crystal pyramid power, that's what these Bodywell "chips" are using. With a shot of astrology and pixie dust. Trust me, this stuff really works!

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and KnifeEdge25 like this.
    03-19-13 09:05 PM
    Crystal pyramid power, that's what these Bodywell "chips" are using. With a shot of astrology and pixie dust. Trust me, this stuff really works!

Posted via CB10
    Since you support them than I am going to go out and buy it now!
    03-19-13 10:46 PM
    LoL at the diaper analogy...
    A small dime-sized sticker placed near the antenna, however, won't cut down on your absorption rate -- in large part because the entire phone emits electromagnetic waves. You wouldn't slap a sticker on a dirty diaper to kill the smell, would you? Of course not.

Not only do such stickers not absorb the radiation they claim to, they might actually increase the amount of radiation your phone pumps out. The FTC warns that such stickers may interfere with a phone's signal, forcing it to draw even more power to communicate with the cell tower and emitting more radiation in the process.

In the United States, federal law requires absorption rates of 1.6 watts per kilogram of body weight or less (averaged over 1 gram of body tissue), while in Europe the maximum rate is 2 watts per kilogram. To put that in perspective, your body typically absorbs 5 watts per kilogram while sunbathing [source: Mosher]. While on a phone call, the FCC mandates that cell phones limit that rate to 1.6 watts per kilogram or less.
    Although there are still ongoing studies about the true effects (if any), I can live with it being about 3X less than sunbathing...

Stop the shill guys...

HowStuffWorks "Do gold-plated radiation-protection stickers work?"
    jstarett likes this.
    03-21-13 10:12 PM
27 12