Oh you would would you?
    He he states old ancient BB devices are all those BB10's he mentions Q10, Z10, Z30 and Passport in the same sentence?!

He's a Kool-Aid drinking fan with no REAL knowledge of the history of BB devices. He just dissed BB twice by associating the brand with Smithsonian ... history relics. Not the free kind of advertising you'd want for BB.
    You are missing the tactic he is introducing here, he is sending a message for people to give it another chance considering of the past fails BlackBerry had. Let's be realistic. Classic and passport is the new thing. He is doing BlackBerry free advertisement, heck his main phone is the passport. He probably bought shares because he believes in the product.

He has credibility.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-18-14 11:14 AM
    It's advertising and product promotion from folks like Mr O'Leary that will get folks interested in the BlackBerry brand again here in the USA.

Maybe not at the consumer level, but for the business market that Mt Chen has targeted in the first place and to me his interview was a good start.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-18-14 11:25 AM
    It's advertising and product promotion from folks like Mr O'Leary that will get folks interested in the BlackBerry brand again here in the USA.

Maybe not at the consumer level, but for the business market that Mt Chen has targeted in the first place and to me his interview was a good start.

I totally agree.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-18-14 11:34 AM
    He likes it, and I don't think he's sugarcoating it...
    Does he sugarcoat anything? That's why he has credibility on this.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-18-14 11:45 AM
    At 449.00 US, I an also very tempted to get one myself, I have a passport and a z30 which I am using at the moment because I killed my passport yesterday on a clients concrete driveway after it fell out of my shirt pocket bending over to pick something up I had dropped. Ouch!!!

Ouch!

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-18-14 11:46 AM
    I can tell that he really really liked the phone and that's a good sign.
    12-18-14 12:59 PM
    I can tell that he really really liked the phone and that's a good sign.
    He said similar thing before for Z10 in the same show... now he revealed that Z10 Q10 were crap and he had to go back to 9900... So I wouldn't take it too seriously. I think he has no choice to upgrade from 9900 to Classic, BlackBerry won't make 9900 forever.

Kim K, however, should ditch her stash of 3 9900 and create a new stash of 3 Classic.
    bhrgvr likes this.
    12-18-14 02:00 PM
    You are missing the tactic he is introducing here, he is sending a message for people to give it another chance considering of the past fails BlackBerry had. Let's be realistic. Classic and passport is the new thing. He is doing BlackBerry free advertisement, heck his main phone is the passport. He probably bought shares because he believes in the product.

He has credibility.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    Q10, Z30, and Z3 are not failures.
    12-18-14 02:20 PM
    He said similar thing before for Z10 in the same show... now he revealed that Z10 Q10 were crap and he had to go back to 9900... So I wouldn't take it too seriously. I think he has no choice to upgrade from 9900 to Classic, BlackBerry won't make 9900 forever.

Kim K, however, should ditch her stash of 3 9900 and create a new stash of 3 Classic.
    Interesting... in that case it has to be taken with a pinch of salt...

Agree to what you say about Kim...

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 04:06 PM
    Who will be ordering the Classic for Enterprise users. I presume that IT managers will have the biggest say as well as the purchasing departments. I doubt that Kevin carries much weight in Enterprise circles.
    12-18-14 04:19 PM
    Who will be ordering the Classic for Enterprise users. I presume that IT managers will have the biggest say as well as the purchasing departments. I doubt that Kevin carries much weight in Enterprise circles.
    True, but a person in his position can let the CEO's and CFO's who make the budget decisions that the Classic is a value added product and worth considering and in the corporate world, decisions are made from the top down, not the other way around.

12-18-14 04:25 PM
    Q10, Z30, and Z3 are not failures.
    I didn't say they are failures, he is simply using them as tools to reinforce the success of the new product such as the new classic.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-18-14 07:13 PM
    I recall that he wasn't a fan of the full touch BB10 devices... and nothing NOTHING works one-handed as well as the Classic form factor with the track pad, and I think that's a huge part of the OS7 devices appeal that isn't well articulated, but now replicated with the Classic: while you're walking from meeting to meeting carrying a case or coffee being able to be productive while REALLY on the go (which isn't being seated and motionless away from home)

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 09:58 PM
    True, but a person in his position can let the CEO's and CFO's who make the budget decisions that the Classic is a value added product and worth considering and in the corporate world, decisions are made from the top down, not the other way around.

This is so very true. The CEO and staff pick the phones that meet both their fancy and financial budget then tell IT to make it work

Sent from my Q10
    12-18-14 10:18 PM
    This is so very true. The CEO and staff pick the phones that meet both their fancy and financial budget then tell IT to make it work

Sent from my Q10
    Pretty sure that CEO 's etc have bigger fish to fry.
    12-18-14 10:36 PM
    Pretty sure that CEO 's etc have bigger fish to fry.
    lol this is exactly how it happens, though. In the companies I've worked for, the IT department do as they're told.
    12-19-14 02:41 AM
91 ... 234