Who has paired their BB with their BMW?
    It's such a shame that BMW has "apps" add on that plays nicely with iPhone but does not really add functionality with Blackberry. The only functionality seem to be over bluetooth, and I am not sure if you can skip songs, etc via bluetooth.. With iPhone you can do a lot more like watching videos that are on your iphone through dash screen, also view song information, display details thumb up etc in Pandora, etc..

I am also planning to upgrade to 9900 but it is not on the list of compatible blackberries so far.
    10-23-11 09:25 PM
    Well there are one of two thing you can do...

1. Get the iPhone which will work well with your BMW
    or
    2. Get a Automobile that works with a Blackberry...
    ekv and Shlooky like this.
    10-23-11 11:20 PM
    Well apparently there are still a bunch of functionality that works with Blackberry, even being able to playback the e-mails (BMW reading them to you). I don't really need that function, but if it is there, the rest should be there. And keep in mind BMW is running on QNX Operating System. Now that RIM bought QNX and will be releasing phones with BBX, I expect more compatibility. Even without that, there are still a bunch of functionality that is supposed to work like address book, phone numbers, audio playback via BT, etc.. but it varies from model to model, which I believe is due to OS version.

I don't see any App on App World that's related to BMW, so it should be just native bluetooth.
    10-23-11 11:38 PM
    what happened to the BMW and BlackBerry SMS/Email integration?

10-24-11 02:38 PM
    All of the new Ford vehicles play really well with and have apps for Android and iPhone... not sure what's happening with BB in the automobile world.
    10-24-11 08:16 PM
    what happened to the BMW and BlackBerry SMS/Email integration?

All of the new 2011 BMW production models have it with the Navi package. My mom has a 328, and it reads her e-mail out loud etc... Haven't really had a chance to play with it too much.

My own car is an older model so all it does is the standard phonebook/phonecalls only.
    10-24-11 08:36 PM
    All of the new Ford vehicles play really well with and have apps for Android and iPhone... not sure what's happening with BB in the automobile world.
    THIS is the next boat that RIM cannot miss. With QNX in the picture, RIM has no excuse to be left out of navigation systems and stereo systems in cars bought by the general consumer.
    10-25-11 02:00 AM
    I cannot pair my 9700 properly with my BMW
    Please help.
    I am running OS 5 and I cannot get my music or calls via car's speakers.

Who here has managed to get it connected and working properly? Which OS do you have?
    11-18-11 03:45 PM
    Same with Mbrace for MB and Volvo app for iPhone. Mbrace even has their app for Android. I have been missing apps for years, but no longer. Next week, I am hoping I get my iPhone.
    11-18-11 05:57 PM
    Same, it doesn't pair in my 200d Bmw 745Li either. Idk how, I took it to the dealer and they said it wasn't compatible but they also said I could get some update or something done to the bmw system

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-11 07:13 PM
    As far as I know older iDrive is not upgradable. Which year is yours?

Cayman, good luck with your iPhone. I just cannot think of going with iPhone until they get a decent mail application. For some reason, I can't find a person who is using iPhone the way I have been using my Blackberry for years, so it's hard to even consider getting one.
    Android-- maybe, but iPhone seems like a bit pain to adapt.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    11-18-11 10:37 PM
    I got my 9700 working with the car today! yey..
    11-19-11 07:16 PM

or
    Obviously one of these choices is both more economical and smarter
    11-20-11 03:40 AM
    When I'm driving my BMW, I usually have my phone turned off. Sometimes I have a bluetooth ear piece if I'm expecting a call.
    I don't even usually listen to the Premium Sound System. I like to enjoy the car and the sweet sound from the 3.0 litre six.
    11-20-11 05:43 PM
    Is there anyway to get Pandora song info to display on iDrive '12?
    I finally got my messages on screen with OS 7.1 but it is disappointing that we can't get a BMW App or at least pandora song info on screen.
    Edit/Delete Message
    02-28-12 11:13 PM
    I have a 3 series 2011 model BMW, and the in car bluetooth worked fine with my BB 9700.

I upgraded my BB to a 9900 recently, and it suddenly started allowing me to view emails and texts in the car, via the satnav screen, and would alert me to new messages, and even played them via audio if I wanted (ie they were read out to me via speakers).

This feature having started on its own, stopped working after just 2 days - however all normal phone features (ie calls and phone book etc) continued to work fine, as these features had done since I changed the phone, and since it had done with the 9700.

I asked the BMW dealer how to get this working again. At first he said I needed a hardware module that wasnt available. I pointed out that it could not need anything, as I had got the system working, so it must have everything necessary already.

Then he looked up the 'compatable phones' with the iDrive system, and said the 9900 wasnt compatible as it was too new. On the list of phones that WERE compatible, there was my old 9700 on it! However the 9700 had to be using a version 6 operating system from BB, and mine was running v5, otherwise they wouldnt investigate why it wouldn't work with iDrive (would be a warranty claim if I had the right phone and v6).

Went home and tried to download v6 to my old 9700, and couldnt do that - download said v5 was up to date?

Anyone any idea how I can get my 9900 working, given I have proven it is possible? Alternatively, how do I get v6 onto my old 9700 to use that until BMW accept the 9900 is a voable phone?

It was a great option to read sms and emails via the in car display or have them read, so would love to get this fixed/resolved - Any one any ideas...????
    Last edited by valkary; 03-20-12 at 01:16 PM. Reason: typos
    03-20-12 11:11 AM

or
    Obviously number one was posited from a faceteous point of view, you need to get a new car since no discrening person would possily use an iPhone.
    03-20-12 06:03 PM
    I have a 3 series 2011 model BMW, and the in car bluetooth worked fine with my BB 9700.

I upgraded my BB to a 9900 recently, and it suddenly started allowing me to view emails and texts in the car, via the satnav screen, and would alert me to new messages, and even played them via audio if I wanted (ie they were read out to me via speakers).

This feature having started on its own, stopped working after just 2 days - however all normal phone features (ie calls and phone book etc) continued to work fine, as these features had done since I changed the phone, and since it had done with the 9700.

I asked the BMW dealer how to get this working again. At first he said I needed a hardware module that wasnt available. I pointed out that it could not need anything, as I had got the system working, so it must have everything necessary already.

Then he looked up the 'compatable phones' with the iDrive system, and said the 9900 wasnt compatible as it was too new. On the list of phones that WERE compatible, there was my old 9700 on it! However the 9700 had to be using a version 6 operating system from BB, and mine was running v5, otherwise they wouldnt investigate why it wouldn't work with iDrive (would be a warranty claim if I had the right phone and v6).

Went home and tried to download v6 to my old 9700, and couldnt do that - download said v5 was up to date?

Anyone any idea how I can get my 9900 working, given I have proven it is possible? Alternatively, how do I get v6 onto my old 9700 to use that until BMW accept the 9900 is a voable phone?

It was a great option to read sms and emails via the in car display or have them read, so would love to get this fixed/resolved - Any one any ideas...????
    Some of the service people are not the most knowledgeable bunch I've ever run across. You might want to head over to Bimmerforums.com and have a look in the car audio and electronics forum as there might be something in there. There's a couple other BMW sites too that might be worth checking out.
    03-20-12 08:04 PM
    I just purchased a new 2012 bmw and the ConnectedDrive connects fine with my 9900. I get e-mail/sms/contacts/phone etc...

The firmware for ConnectedDrive can be updated, that may be what is required.

The BMW Apps module is more for iPhone I believe, Facebook/Twitter/etc...
    03-20-12 08:18 PM
    Who has paired their BB with their BMW?
    It's such a shame that BMW has "apps" add on that plays nicely with iPhone but does not really add functionality with Blackberry. The only functionality seem to be over bluetooth, and I am not sure if you can skip songs, etc via bluetooth.. With iPhone you can do a lot more like watching videos that are on your iphone through dash screen, also view song information, display details thumb up etc in Pandora, etc..

I am also planning to upgrade to 9900 but it is not on the list of compatible blackberries so far.
    I have a Bimmer and it pairs perfectly with my BMW. No iphone needed.
    03-21-12 12:23 AM
    THIS is the next boat that RIM cannot miss. With QNX in the picture, RIM has no excuse to be left out of navigation systems and stereo systems in cars bought by the general consumer.
    I couldnt agree with this statement more!!! With RIM owning QNX, not having the ability for the BB10 phones to able to interface with cars in the same way that the iPhones and Androids do would just be shocking!!

Why isnt there any integration now between cars and PlayBooks??

J
    03-21-12 12:01 PM
    iPhone must have come out with an app that helps BMW drivers flip off other drivers more easily, hence it is a more compatible device.
    03-21-12 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD