Hello everyone,

I have a simple question so pardon my ignorance but i am still a new BB user.

I have BT on my Bold, I also have BT on my laptop and WIndows 7 operating system. The devices pair fine, they recognise each other but when I tra to send a simple photo from my phone to laptop, it says something about no FTP protocol or something?

What do I need to do?

Also, it would be excellent if I could sync my BB with the laptop via BT?

Cheers all!
    Alex
    04-27-09 08:23 AM
    I think you need to sync and transfer files via Desktop Manager. You have that installed on your laptop right? Go to options in DM (Desktop Manager) and then connection settings to help configure your BT. It's pretty straightforward from there. Change your connection from USB to Bluetooth. From what I've read on the forums, you can't transfer files in 'Mass Storage Mode' using Bluetooth however. Hope this is of some help. I'm still trying to figure the BT connectivity issue myself using Vista OS and a BB Pearl.
    05-02-09 03:29 AM
    Could the data transfer option have gotten turned off in the Bluetooth options somehow?
    05-02-09 10:14 PM
    Go to your media folder & scroll to the picture you want to send from there. Once you have it hi-lighted or open hit your "menu" key & scroll down to "send using bluetooth" Done deal. It will go to the "Bluetooth Exchange Folder" in your file system on your computer.
    05-03-09 04:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD