I have never really used Bluetooth but I was able to enable it (turn it on) in the past. Now when I go and finally buy a bluetooth earpiece and want to use it, it won't even enable. It just shows a white screen and keeps showing 'disabled'.

Any ideas?
    06-28-10 12:35 PM
    its a known issue with this phone, it will not enable again, the only way to fix it is replacing the phone, but it will suddenly die again.
    06-28-10 02:54 PM
    Yeah Rogers is sending me a re-furb for free as mine is off warranty. Is this a problem with all Blackberry's or just the flip?
    06-29-10 11:41 AM
    Yeah Rogers is sending me a re-furb for free as mine is off warranty. Is this a problem with all Blackberry's or just the flip?
    Is it an issue with the Flip.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-29-10 12:57 PM
    I have the same problem with bluetooth. Is there any way to contact RIM via email to get a response about their quality problem? I've tried & just get noreply emails back from them. Are there any IT professionals that can contact RIM about this problem?

Based on the amount of threads in crackberry & blackberry forums you'd think they'd do something about this. Maybe that's why apple iphone is so popular.
    06-29-10 08:26 PM
    Got my replacement flip from Rogers. They told me it would be a re-furb but this thing is brand new. Everything including Bluetooth is working fine now.
    07-02-10 12:21 PM
    I had that phone - it was crap... It would never receive a signal and only say "SOS" and the bluetooth functionality quit working on all four that I had. I moved away from the BlackBerry platform though as it is limited compared to Android and iOS. The apps on those platforms make the applications on a BlackBerry look like 1994, though BlackBerry OS could do that also.
    07-05-10 09:34 AM
    ok i fixed my flip, but it's not mine any more. i got a pearl 8120 and took everything (all apps) off the flip & switched it to my 8120. i gave my wife the flip since she doesn't use bluetooth, and now it works like a charm, hasn't failed bluetooth in over a week of testing. must've been some apps i loaded that crossed the bluetooth software. delete all apps & give it a try. i do miss the flip theme though.
    07-17-10 06:55 PM
    I finally figured this one out! I'm on my 3rd Pearl Flip 8220 because of the same problem with the bluetooth not enabling. Each time I was told I needed a new phone. The problem eventually happened again with my latest phone and I figured out how to enable it again (by accident).

Hopefully this will work for you as well. Just follow these steps:

1. Select the 'Media' icon
    2. Select 'Pictures'
    3. Press the 'Menu' button
    4. Select 'Receive Using Bluetooth'

Bluetooth should not be enabled once again on your phone. I don't know how or why, but it worked for me. I'm so excited that I finally figured it out! Let me know if it works for you.
    07-26-10 01:02 AM
    ^ that's pretty crafty
    07-28-10 06:55 AM
    I tried the Media , Pictures, Enable trick yesterday and it didn't work for me.
    So I kept searching on here for anyone else that has managed to recover their Bluetooth. Someone posted they had their phone shut down for 2.5hrs one day and it just started working again when they turned it on. So out of a lack of better options I shut down my phone last night, took our the battery, and left it over night.
    This morning my Bluetooth is up and running. Blew my mind.
    08-18-10 12:04 PM
    Just now tried the Media, Pictures, Enable trick... but it didn't work for me either. I will try the battery pull overnight too... if you don't hear back from me you'll know it didn't work.
    10-01-10 10:31 PM
    I believe the bluetooth enabling problem is more widespread than the 8220 - my 9630 does the same thing.
    10-07-10 10:14 AM
    I have the 8220 and I tried the battery pull and it didn't work, I tried the media, picture trick and it din't work either, think it's time I get a new blackberry.
    10-21-10 07:21 PM
    I believe the bluetooth enabling problem is more widespread than the 8220 - my 9630 does the same thing.
    How did you resolve the problem, been trying for 4 days with my 9630
    01-05-11 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD