I jsut installed vlingo sometimes in comes though my bluetooth sometimes it doesnt. I was told could be due to its an older bluetooth. What are the specs for a bluetooth to work with vlingo.

I know they say Jarbra and jawbone but was wondering if any would work as long as there are the correct specifations
    11-09-11 06:22 AM
    I don't know about specific specs but it works with my Plantronics everytime, also gets my voice recognition correct more consistently than the phones microphone due to noise cancellation on the headset

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 06:58 AM
    Yea, works with Plantronics Discovery 975 perfectly.

11-09-11 07:06 AM
    Sorry to hi-jack the question but I have a question for people using Vlingo via bluetooth, when your phone is in the car holder and you're connected up via bluetooth how do you get Vlingo to listen? Seems a bit strange to me to have to remove the handset from the car holder to press the convenience key to put it back to then speak your command.
    11-09-11 07:19 AM
    Sorry to hi-jack the question but I have a question for people using Vlingo via bluetooth, when your phone is in the car holder and you're connected up via bluetooth how do you get Vlingo to listen? Seems a bit strange to me to have to remove the handset from the car holder to press the convenience key to put it back to then speak your command.
    I know what you mean but yea you have to do that. I wish I could just hold headset button but can't, you still have to grab the phone & hold the button but in a car setting it still beats the he!! Outta typing the message

11-09-11 07:26 AM
    In the UK it's not permitted to hold a mobile phone while driving, it has to be in the holster so with my holster making the conveniene key inaccesable without removing it from the holster it doesn't make it very helpful for when driving.

Is there no way you can press the icon on the screen and do it that way?
    11-09-11 10:58 AM
    In the UK it's not permitted to hold a mobile phone while driving, it has to be in the holster so with my holster making the conveniene key inaccesable without removing it from the holster it doesn't make it very helpful for when driving.

Is there no way you can press the icon on the screen and do it that way?
    I hear what you are saying. The first thing I tried with Vlingo was holding my BT headset's button to see if it would launch VLingo, unfortunately it launched the normal BB Voice Dialling.
    In India its illegal to even talk on the phone using handsfree or bluetooth, but some laws are meant to be broken . The cops have a hard time figuring out if one is talking on the BT or not, so they end up prosecuting the folks who have the phones on their ears while driving.
    11-09-11 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD