I have an HP laptop and I'd like to tether my tmo 8900 to it via BT. I sort of lost my USB cable so I really need to BT tether, not USB.

I'm having some trouble finding the How-to to BT tether. I'm reading that it's really hard for Vista but I haven't found any info on doing it with Windows 7...

Can anyone help? Thanks.
    11-12-09 01:04 PM
    I have an HP laptop and I'd like to tether my tmo 8900 to it via BT. I sort of lost my USB cable so I really need to BT tether, not USB.

I'm having some trouble finding the How-to to BT tether. I'm reading that it's really hard for Vista but I haven't found any info on doing it with Windows 7...

Can anyone help? Thanks.
    It's easy to do with Win7 also. The easiest way is to install DM 5 and use the tethering option right from within DM.

You can go to your main connections management screen on Win7 and edit the dialing string manually if you feel the need to, but I just used DM 5 and it works great from there.

You can simply choose to connect to a network, choose Dial-up, then edit the string just like Vista.

You can always take a look at my website and look over some of the screenshots I have of Win7.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 11-12-09 at 04:05 PM.
    11-12-09 03:44 PM
    Thanks for the advice.

I got around to updating DM to the latest version and now I have the tethering option BUT it won't let me do it via BT. I can connect my BB to the DM via BT and some features are available (like some back up) but the tethering says that it's not supported over BT. Darn.
    11-13-09 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD