My T60 WS has built in BT and I used to hot sync my Treo wirelessly via BT. Any way to do this with an 8703e? I don't want to drag out the cord every time.

RMX -

Instructions to do this can be found here, Setup Bluetooth connectivity with blackBerry Desktop Manager, compliments of RMX...
    Last edited by anon(153966); 05-26-07 at 07:25 AM. Reason: made sticky, and edited post...
    05-25-07 09:34 PM
    Never mind. I got it working.

FYI, the instructions are here:

Set up Bluetooth connectivity with BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Maybe this will save someone else some time in the future.

RMX
    Last edited by kasperapd; 05-26-07 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Fixed Link
    05-25-07 10:13 PM
    Glad you were able to get it working and thanks so very much for posting the solution!
    05-25-07 11:11 PM
    Whoa! I've read the instructions...several times! I can pair the 8830 with my laptop, trusted, but the desktop manager refuses to recognize that the BB is there. So, I can't configure it to sync with Bluetooth.
    Maybe I need a freash start tomorrow. The instructions in the link don't really match up with my Bluetooth wizard in Xp PRO

UPDATE: When I pair the device the services that are support are VOICE GATEWAY or DUN-DIAL UP NETWORKING. Neither of these seem to be correct for address book sync but no other service are available...
    Last edited by rap; 06-29-07 at 04:25 PM.
    06-29-07 04:05 PM
    Ok I have your instruction and will try it again. I have had it hooked up two time, but I am never able to sync, only voice or use as modem. Hope that the instruction will work for me..

Thanks for the post..
    12-03-07 06:36 AM
    I have a 8300 on AT&T. I can sync no problem with the USB. I can also connect my phone and computer on bluetooth. (They both say they are connected to each other.) However, on the Desktop Manager (version 4.3) I cannote click on the "Enable Bluetooth Support" box. The only connection settings that I can adjust are the connection options. (None, USB, and 4 different COMs.) I used to connect my old nokia phone to my computer so I'm pretty sure it's nothing with bluetooth drivers or such. Any suggestions?
    12-13-07 02:31 PM
    Thanks for the link. I'm getting a laptop with bluetooth in a short bit and have been wondering off and on about how to sync my 8830 with Exchange at my campus for contacts and calendar. That usb cable gets annoying very quickly...
    12-13-07 04:06 PM
    If you are not using windows bluetooth drivers then it will not work. Even widely used widcomm drivers are not supported.
    12-16-07 11:32 PM
    The bluetooth sync is not an option with the 8320. Nor is the bluetooth headset to listen to music. It states that you can use the stereo headset but not the regular one. Again, bluetooth crippled for no reason. Great phone, lousy software for bluetooth
    12-21-07 12:10 PM
    I cannot get the desktop manager to see my bb through bluetooth. There has to be a way to connect it. I don't want to have to buy a new phone.
    Mine had water damage and the USB is dead so I got a bluetooth adapter so I could do backups and transfer files to my BB.

Someone help!!?
    02-03-08 01:33 AM
    When I got my phone, my husband (the dear boy) set it up with our computer, which has recently crashed. Was there a disk? I can't find it. Is there a way for me to download the desktop manager so I can sync my 8100 pearl with my new laptop?
    02-06-08 12:59 PM
    If you are not using windows bluetooth drivers then it will not work. Even widely used widcomm drivers are not supported.
    Can anyone point me to the Widows generic bluethooth driver download... I've been searching forever and can not find it. My laptop has widcomm drivers installed and I can not seem to change them.

Thanks
    02-09-08 11:10 AM
    You can usually find them on an original windows CD (although with laptops you tend to get OEM Windows versions with specific drivers)
    02-27-08 04:37 AM
    if you go to the site of the mnufacture and go to support then drivers you can download the bluetooth driver from there it is as easy as setting up a earbud
    02-27-08 07:12 AM
    Do i have to have a dongle to use bluetooth? I am not seeing the bluetooth under control panel yet i DO have SP2 installed. HELP! I'm confused!
    03-03-08 11:24 AM
    Hi guys, newbie here. I owned a 7130g for about a year - I received it as part of a loyalty program with my carrier. I never had any problems syncing it with my Vista laptop via Bluetooth. Even after I updated to SP1, I was still able to sync without any problems.

Over the weekend, I picked up the 8320 and synced via USB cable. There were no problems and all my previous data was restored wonderfully. However, when I tried to sync via bluetooth, I was getting the same error most people were getting. That is, Windows found and paired up with my device just fine, but when I try to sync with Desktop Manager, it can't find it. Under the Windows Bluetooth Devices, my Curve is listed (along with the 7130g). But when I try to open up the Services tab under Properties, nothing shows up. It just keeps searching with no end. Under the DM Connection Settings, it can neither find the device when I set it to Detect, nor can it find it when I try to manually add it through the Bluetooth Configuration dialog.

I tried removing the 7130g, and I've also reinstalling the entire DM software, but I've still no luck.

For reference, if it's of any help, I'm running DM v. 4.2.2.14 and the BB OS v. 4.2.2.180 (Platform 2.5.0.36). I'm using the latest Bluetooth drivers from Dell (I'm running a Latitude D830). I checked out the solution posted but I'm afraid it's only for XPSP2.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this!
    06-03-08 09:12 AM
    I was having the same problem - I was able to pair my Pearl with my PC and in DM, I went under Options>Connection Settings and set it to Enable Bluetooth Support and saw my Pearl listed when I clicked on the Configure Bluetooth button. But it still didn't connect to my Pearl.

Then I went back under Options>Connection Settings. Using the drop down box at the top, I selected Bluetooth-PIN: and then pressed the Detect button. It found my Pearl and synchronized without a hitch. That may be your issue as well. Best of luck!
    06-10-08 07:30 PM
    i can't get the bluetooth to work. any other ways i can do it.
    06-15-08 07:59 AM
    I'm rinning Vista Ultimate and while I seem to connect to the computer, at a point I get a box that says the computer is looking for a driver and cannot find the right one. I( checked and I am running the Windows bluetooth drivers. I also tried the Bluetooth-PIN:selectioon and it also found my device but I still cannot connect to the DM. I'm running device software 4.3.0.127 and Desktop Manager 4.3. Any thoughts?
    06-17-08 02:20 PM
    I'm rinning Vista Ultimate and while I seem to connect to the computer, at a point I get a box that says the computer is looking for a driver and cannot find the right one. I( checked and I am running the Windows bluetooth drivers. I also tried the Bluetooth-PIN:selectioon and it also found my device but I still cannot connect to the DM. I'm running device software 4.3.0.127 and Desktop Manager 4.3. Any thoughts?
    Greetings,
    Running about the same here. 4.3 desktop, Vista Biz, 8820. Device can intermittently connect and pair with OS. I'm running native BT - MS Bluetooth Enumerator (non-widcomm). About a month ago there was buzz going on around here stating that there were instructions posted on RIMs site which would help get BT rolling. Well, mine still doesn't work ether. The phone itself pairs and I have done simple (one) file transfers to and from the phone, however, the phone does not correctly install in Device Manager, and thus does not sync the the desktop manager. It displays as other device in DM, Bluetooth Peripheral Device, cannot start code 1. Problem report states contact RIM.... Whatever... the instructions in their knowledgebase states applies to Vista as well....but we know it doesn't work. Still stuck with USB for now.
    Last edited by shadowsports; 06-17-08 at 05:11 PM.
    06-17-08 04:50 PM
    I have a 8330 can I sync Bluetooth to manager?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 10:02 AM
    I can't get it to work either. There's no "Bluetooth-PIN" option in my version of DM.

My Thinkpad T60 uses a Broadcomm chipset, and I tried to upgrade to a newer driver on their web site. The T60 rejected it though, and there isn't a newer version available from Lenovo.
    06-21-08 02:04 AM
    I can't get it to work either. There's no "Bluetooth-PIN" option in my version of DM.

My Thinkpad T60 uses a Broadcomm chipset, and I tried to upgrade to a newer driver on their web site. The T60 rejected it though, and there isn't a newer version available from Lenovo.
    I'm in the same situation (8830 and Thinkpad T60). It seems that the Desktop Mgr only talks to the BB using the old Microsoft bluetooth driver and no one knows how to get that installed.

If anybody can help I'd really appreciate it.

HH
    07-02-08 10:22 PM
    It's not a big problem for me since I always have a couple of micro->full size USB cables with me in my laptop bag, for reading CF cards from my cameras.

But ya, it would be nice if I could sync via Bluetooth.
    07-08-08 08:47 PM
    Quick update - my fiancee just got an 06 Lexus SC430 with Bluetooth integration for both the voice and contacts. Voice works (badly, but it works) but the contact list will not transfer.

She went to the dealer after work today and they said it's a Verizon thing, it just won't work. Any other carrier no problem, but Verizon, not possible.

Fortunately, the car has it's own phone book so I was able to manually enter important numbers so she can place calls hands free without touching the phone. But only half the time will the phone connect to the car without having to go into the phone and tell it. Sometimes no problem, other times no. Totally intermittent.

Not a Blackberry though, I'm just saying. Verizon fux up Bluetooth pretty well on all their phones from what I can tell.
    07-08-08 11:09 PM
127 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD