I'm running .216. When using the Bold, connected to bluetooth headset, the BB sound volume is stuck at 50% and wont move.
    The Bold volume controls don't amend the phone volume, although it does for handset, speakerphone and music (when connected to headset via bluetooth - just not for phone calls).
    I have tried the Phone Options for headsets at Normal, Previous, Bass boost etc.
    Obviously I have adjusted the bluetooth headset
    Has anyone found the crack for this or have any ideas??? There are some forum entries saying this is by design.... although I think this is crap from RIM's side
    Thanks...,Rob
    01-31-09 03:48 AM
    It depends on the BT device. In my car kit MOTO IHF-1000 and my MOTO H15 headset, I cannot control the volume on the Bold, but only on the BT device itself. However when I connect my MOTO S9 BT stereo headphones, I can control the volume on both the Bold and the headset.
    01-31-09 10:17 AM
    It depends on the BT device. In my car kit MOTO IHF-1000 and my MOTO H15 headset, I cannot control the volume on the Bold, but only on the BT device itself. However when I connect my MOTO S9 BT stereo headphones, I can control the volume on both the Bold and the headset.
    Oddly enough, I use both the IHF-1000 and Rockr S9s with my newly purchased Curve 8900. On my old Curve 8320, I could override the unfortunate volume limitation (which RIM unwittingly imposed for the stodgy corporate puff-ups that wouldn't possibly listen to music on a Blackberry [oh, the horror], Blackberrries are for business and email, after all), though I had to click through silly legal-ease everytime I overrode the volume limitation imposed in the firmware. On the new Curve 8900, I cannot override the setting, and as a result, the volume of MP3s through my S9's at top volume on both devices, is ridiculously low.

With my iPod Touch, I could blow my eardrums out if I am stupid enough - but let that be my choice, guys.

Please advise if anyone has found a way around this silly limitation.

Signed, someone who uses their Blackberry for more than stodgy corporate emails...

Any ideas? Firmware update??
    02-07-09 07:08 PM
    Same problem for me here, dont remember having this issue with the same bluetooth unit about a few months ago, ive updated the bolds firmware a few times since I got it though so Im blaming it on that!
    Shame, cos the 9000 is perfect otherwise.
    07-11-09 04:33 PM
    Anyone figure out a workaround for this? I'm having issue with low bluetooth volume on jawbone and Mercedes radio with volume just to low and cant adjust.

Thanks, Doug
    10-25-09 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD