so I have been watching some movies on my phone during lunch recently by using the headset that came with the phone and decided to use my bluetooth headset that I use to listen to all my music with because the earplugs are easier to use and lo and behold it doesn't work when watching a movie. Why would that be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 12:46 PM
    Bluetooth has profiles, basically, software "instructions" on what it can do. Headsets use a headset profile, which allows use of audio and mic when on a phone call, and maybe voice commands. To do music, movies, ect, your headset would have to be capable of advanced audio distribution profile, or A2DP. These are stereo headsets, I dont believe any (or many) mono headsets support this nativley, but there are apps you can get to stream it to a mono headset. Check out this thread (what, maybe two above this one?).

http://forums.crackberry.com/f42/new...adsets-264831/
    09-07-09 12:54 PM
    i have a stereo headset which is why I was dumbfounded that it did not work right with the movies...gonna have to look for a better one from sony i guess and make sure it plays a2dp...at least i know what to look for now. tks
    09-07-09 08:37 PM
    Stereo headsets are likely to support A2DP.

Movie playback, I hear, is not supported or enabled because of the difficulty of maintaining audio-video synchronization over a Bluetooth connection.
    09-08-09 05:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD