I'm currently running .428 on my S2.

So, I decided to connect my phone to my Win7 laptop via bluetooth so i can stream my music, transfer data, and make calls. My computer successfully added my phone to it's bluetooth devices list.

The problem(s) are;

When the computer tried to "install device drivers" for my phone, of course it couldn't find any.

Whenever I try to connect to stream media, phone call, data, etc, it won't connect. I tried doing the whole (RIGHT-CLICK> TROUBLESHOOT) it says i need drivers and the darn thing just links me to the Blackberry support page. I tried searching for said drivers and no dice!!

Can anybody direct me to these supposed drivers or help me work these bugs out?

Here are three pictures of the issues.

1st picture: The window I'm using before i click connect.
    2nd picture: The window when I click connect.
    3rd picture: The error message!!
    Last edited by Taterfry; 12-29-09 at 02:31 PM.
    12-29-09 04:14 AM
    Do you have desktop manager installed?
    12-29-09 09:02 AM
    Fixed title typo. Bluetooth can be tough to get working as a way to connect to a PC. Using a cable is generally the better way to go.
    12-29-09 09:14 AM
    Known issue, I had the same problem. Solution:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/blu...ry-dtm-262776/

Even still...minor bugs remain...my Windows 7 laptop enjoys randomly calling people...or playing random songs on my BB.
    12-29-09 09:18 AM
    Do you have desktop manager installed?
    Yes, DM is alive and well on my computer!
    Fixed title typo. Bluetooth can be tough to get working as a way to connect to a PC. Using a cable is generally the better way to go.
    If I where to do anything serious, I'd use a cable. It's just that I'd really enjoy being able to play my music or take calls while "in-game"

And thank you pkcable, I noticed the typo the second I posted!
    Known issue, I had the same problem. Solution:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/blu...ry-dtm-262776/

Even still...minor bugs remain...my Windows 7 laptop enjoys randomly calling people...or playing random songs on my BB.
    Alas, I just did that fix. Now, it doesn't complain about drivers. Instead, my computer still doesn't feel like connecting! Every time I try clicking connect in the little bluetooth manager Win7 tool, it makes my phone blink it's little blue light yet the computer never seems to actually connect. Eventually I get the error message telling me "make sure the device is turned on with the bluetooth enabled"
    12-29-09 11:03 AM
    Yes, DM is alive and well on my computer!

If I where to do anything serious, I'd use a cable. It's just that I'd really enjoy being able to play my music or take calls while "in-game"

And thank you pkcable, I noticed the typo the second I posted!

Alas, I just did that fix. Now, it doesn't complain about drivers. Instead, my computer still doesn't feel like connecting! Every time I try clicking connect in the little bluetooth manager Win7 tool, it makes my phone blink it's little blue light yet the computer never seems to actually connect. Eventually I get the error message telling me "make sure the device is turned on with the bluetooth enabled"
    Did you make sure your phone was "listening" for a bluetooth network and did you set Windows 7 to search for the bluetooth device?
    12-29-09 01:54 PM
    Did you make sure your phone was "listening" for a bluetooth network and did you set Windows 7 to search for the bluetooth device?
    As i said before, the phone is already set up and registered in the computer's (bluetooth devices) list, and it's registered on my phone as well.

My problem is, every time I click (connect to phone to stream music / use computer as headset / place phone call) It will make my phone blink its little blue bluetooth light and the connection symbol on the phone appears. Yet, sadly, the computer keeps trying to connect, eventually displaying the (can not connect "please make sure your device is on and bluetooth is enabled") error message.

I'm no noob when it comes to this stuff. It just feels like there's something I haven't covered!
    On A Side Note, My S1 used to connect and operate fine via bluetooth on the same compy about a month ago. For all I know, it could be one of two things;
    A windows update messed it up /or/ there's a setting I overlooked.
    12-29-09 02:04 PM
    SHameless bump!.... refer to my OP for new images!
    12-30-09 03:14 AM
    I use to connect via bluetooth when i had vista i think its a problem with windows 7 i havent been successful on getting it to work i just gave up and use the cable
    12-30-09 03:26 AM
    Works fine with my laptop. I'm running win7 ultimate x64
    12-30-09 03:50 AM
    As i said before, the phone is already set up and registered in the computer's (bluetooth devices) list, and it's registered on my phone as well.

My problem is, every time I click (connect to phone to stream music / use computer as headset / place phone call) It will make my phone blink its little blue bluetooth light and the connection symbol on the phone appears. Yet, sadly, the computer keeps trying to connect, eventually displaying the (can not connect "please make sure your device is on and bluetooth is enabled") error message.

I'm no noob when it comes to this stuff. It just feels like there's something I haven't covered!
    On A Side Note, My S1 used to connect and operate fine via bluetooth on the same compy about a month ago. For all I know, it could be one of two things;
    A windows update messed it up /or/ there's a setting I overlooked.
    What he means is did you click Receive Using Bluetooth under Media folder and then tried to connect via desktop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD