Hi all,

Happy Christmas, etc.

Right. Got my first blackberry this morning, very excited. Trying however to get the bluetooth connection up and running... It finds and connects to both my old phone and my laptop, but then the problems start! I cannot seem to transfer anything between them! My berry just WILL NOT receive contacts sent via bluetooth from old phone, and trying to send a photo (taken on the berry) to my laptop is taking about half an hour... I cannot send music files from my laptop to the blackberry via bluetooth at all....

Anyone else know of these probs? When I googled, found a stub on wikipedia saying:

A number of new users on forums (such as http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/ and BlackBerry Support Community Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums) are reporting bugs with OS 5.0.0.344 and 5.0.0.321. These are the two versions of the OS the Bold 9700 shipped with in Canada and the UK. It is unknown whether the US version will come shipped with either of these software versions. There is currently no official download for these OS versions from RIM.

Bugs include:
    - Inability to access YouTube in the BlackBerry Browser
    - Problems connecting devices using bluetooth
    - Errors for some websites (including, but not limited to, Hotmail.com and NBA.com)
    - Voice quality issues
    - Lack of UMA for Rogers Wireless

So maybe this is my problem?

I've got no experience with updating OS though. Would like to get it sorted another way, if possible.

Any suggestions or experience with this, please let me know, I'm getting really frustrated here! Thanks very much.
    12-25-09 11:55 AM
    i dont think the blackberry supports sending contacts via bluetooth
    12-25-09 11:59 AM
    thanks, but it is sending anything I have probs with - I can send pictures/sound from BB, but cannot send any files to the device. It just does not receive anything via bluetooth! Connection seems to be fine as it recognises and can send out, just can't receive.

My OS is 5.0.0.351 btw/
    12-25-09 02:14 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I can send photos to my wife's Samsung Exclaim but she can't bluetooth pictures back to my Tour. I do the recieve via bluetooth thing but then it just sits there waiting for her phone to send. what gives?
    12-26-09 06:04 PM
    I have all of the same problems, can't get on YouTube or receive anything from any other phone via bluetooth. When I got my BB a month ago I tried to transfer my fav ring tones and pics and nothing worked, no one at the store could help me, but they gave me the number for tech support. That is like a 30 minute wait just to get a live human being. The phone says it has object push but so far it doesn't. I was hoping someone would have the magic answer! I just started transferring stuff with my memory card. It is a pain, but it works.
    12-27-09 01:39 PM
    I figured out how to send contacts.

You first pair up your device with the phone.

Once it is on the paired devices list highlight it and then hit the menu button.

It will give you the option of transfer contacts. it will transfer ALL contacts. I haven't figured out how to send a single contact however.
    01-10-10 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD