The car in question is a 2008 Acura TL Type S.

I paired the phone to to the car, and it paired fine. The problem is, the phone won't automatically connect the car when I start it. I have to go into manage connections > bluetooth options > pick the device and then connect it manually. When I do this, it then connects to the car fine, and works.

I did set it to automatically trust the connection, makes no difference. I also set it as "discoverable" in the options as well, also makes no difference. I even cleared everything off the phone today, and in the hands free link in the car, and paired it from scratch.

I had no problem with my old phone at all, and the handsfree link in the car is working correctly (confirmed by the dealer), the phone is on the list from Acura as being compatiable.

So, what am I doing wrong?
    10-06-09 06:20 PM
    Do you have Connect On Power Up enabled?

Options > Bluetooth > Menu > Options > Connect On Power Up = Yes

I'm not 100% sure if this is a fix, but it worked for me when I enabled it.
    10-06-09 06:35 PM

No I don't, because then when I turn the phone on it attempts to connect. I'm usually in my bedroom when I turn it on in the morning and I get the message the connection failed, obviously.

I'll turn it on, see if it works tomorrow morning.
    10-06-09 07:07 PM
    ...I did set it to automatically trust the connection, makes no difference. I also set it as "discoverable" in the options as well, also makes no difference..
    Be sure to disable Discoverable Mode. You don't need to be discoverable once paired. Being discoverable means anyone in bluetooth range can see your device. That's an unnecessary security vulnerability.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 07:31 PM
    Be sure to disable Discoverable Mode. You don't need to be discoverable once paired. Being discoverable means anyone in bluetooth range can see your device. That's an unnecessary security vulnerability.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok, thanks for the tip.
    10-06-09 07:44 PM

I gave this a shot this morning, still doesn't auto connect to the car.

I'm out of ideas at this point.
    10-07-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD