I recently got a strom2 but having a heck of a time getting a good Bluetooth head set for it. So far I purchased jawbone Prime for $90 and Jawbone from Verizon for $40 both of them sound really bad (low) with max volume. actually the cheaper one works better with my storm2.

Can anyone out there recommend a great head set that sounds clear and loud with storm 2. If it works I don�t care how much it costs. i will not be using this for music just phone calls and i use this out side most of the time and driving.

thanks in advance for you input.
    05-12-10 03:58 PM
    I recently got a strom2 but having a heck of a time getting a good Bluetooth head set for it. So far I purchased jawbone Prime for $90 and Jawbone from Verizon for $40 both of them sound really bad (low) with max volume. actually the cheaper one works better with my storm2.

Can anyone out there recommend a great head set that sounds clear and loud with storm 2. If it works I don’t care how much it costs. i will not be using this for music just phone calls and i use this out side most of the time and driving.

I use the Plantronics 855 and have had no problems at all with it. I still feel it has the most value of all the units I have seen/tried. The detachable stereo clip is a huge bonus and I feel it sounds excellent. I use the (black) ear inserts that are sound isolating so I can talk in loud environments with ease and find it is very comfortable. I do not like the regular (rubber) ones because it slides down easily but the black foam ones work great and have been very durable (daily user).

Plantronics 855 Stereo Headset
    Last edited by lvumlow; 05-12-10 at 04:49 PM.
    05-12-10 04:47 PM
    I researched it and went with Blueant Q1 due to recommendations re good fit and voice control. I've had lots of problems before with in-ear headsets flapping on my face "like a duck's wing" to quote another poster.

This one fits great - stellar that way. Had a problem for a start with the voice recognition being terrible and the sound of incoming calls being almost unintelligible. Turned out switching my Berry to US English to match the Q1 fixed the problem - mostly. Still not "clearer than my land line" as I've heard from others, but good.

I have to admit I can't rave over it like others have, but overall I'm happy.

- R.
    05-12-10 05:58 PM
    I'm using a Motorola H710 and it works really well. People on the other end say I come through crystal clear and it's lightweight and don't even feel like it's on. The boom swings shut and turns the power off, which I also like!
    05-12-10 06:16 PM
    I have used both the original Jawbone and the new Jawbone ICON... both with great success. Not sure if you are using 5.0.0.607, but I heard that it was notorious for low bluetooth volume issues. (I'm running .517)
    05-13-10 12:04 AM
    I am using a Plantronics Voyager pro. A bit bulky but actually for me fits better for long periods of use and the sound is great on both ends. Jawbone IMO has the best noise reduction (especially wind), but was so uncomfortable for me I went back to the Voyager Pro. Both of the units worked great on my S2 and I did not find any noticable volume reductions after the upgrade to .607.
    05-13-10 05:24 AM
    I use the Jawbone Icon with 607 OS. It works great, you can update it with some useful apps if you wish.
    05-13-10 12:55 PM
    I use the JABRA BT 3030 (if you can find it - grab it). Good range - plenty loud and best of all I can use whatever headphones I like.
    05-13-10 12:58 PM
    I'm a HUGE fan of the RIM HS-500. HUGE. It automatically adjusts incoming volume based on my surroundings. So when I'm sitting at a light the incoming volume is normal, and as I speed up, the incoming volume increases to compensate for the extra cockpit noise. It's a super simple headset...one button and an on/off switch. It's not fancy. And I love that it can stream music, GPS directions, Slacker radio, Podcasts. It's one earpiece but has the streaming capability (very few on the market do today...in fact the only other one listed in this post thus far is the Plantronics 855).

I've had the 855 and I didn't think the sound quality was as good as my lone HS-500. And in my case I could never get the 855 to seat where I didn't feel like it was coming out. I did like that it blocked external noise, but I've adapted very well to the HS-500 which does not "shove in the ear".

So I have the HS-500 and 855...and always choose the HS-500.

ETA: Ooops...didn't see the reference to the Jabra 3030...which is another headset that can stream.
    05-13-10 02:02 PM
    Like others I use the Jawbone Icon, not had any issues, people can hear me fine, played with the noise assassin, just to see what difference it made, and people I spoke to noticed a huge difference when I disabled it (default is on).

I am running .607 and no issues with low volume on it. Actually have volume set low and not a problem. Only downside is this is the first headset I have owned that did not have volume control on the earpiece. But like I said not an issue, and control volume though BB volume buttons.

Very happy with purchase (even though is a bit on the high end with price) think it is a great value, comes with 3 sets of earbuds that just pop in ear, or 3 sets of earbuds that work with ear loop.
    05-13-10 03:30 PM
    The Jawbone Icon is simply the best, especially since the addition of AD2P...... it's awsome
    05-13-10 04:40 PM

Can anyone out there recommend a great head set that sounds clear and loud with storm 2. If it works I don�t care how much it costs. i will not be using this for music just phone calls and i use this out side most of the time and driving.

I drive a lot and talk a lot to. I have used JawBone, Plantronics 855 for media player but my everyday headset is Plantronics 925. I use two sets, when the battery gets too low on one, I turn it off an then turn on the other one, even during a call. This set is very comfortable, light weight, but above all is the sound quality... I paid $99.99 each at Meyer in Toledo OH aprox six months ago.
    05-13-10 06:42 PM
    I have the Plantronics Pro for my daily wear, works well for me and is nice and secure. I am waiting for my Jawbone Icon to arrive though, with the firmwear upgrade, it will do music and all now too.
    05-21-10 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD