I did a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit on my Dell Latitude D620 laptop. I would like to use VZAM via Bluetooth (connected to my Tour). When I go through the Windows Bluetooth pairing process, it does pair. However, it only recognizes the Tour as a generic "phone" device. (Manufacturer, Model, Model Number, and Description all list as "unavailable". Furthermore, no "Bluetooth Services" are listed as options.) Accordingly, VZAM doesn't recognize the Tour as a connection option (via Bluetooth).

Any suggestions on how to get Windows 7 64-bit Bluetooth to recognize my Tour as a Tour (with all the appropriate Bluetooth services), so I can use it via VZAM?

Thanks in advance!
    11-30-09 11:26 AM
    I was just going through this problem before Thanksgiving... Hopefully someone will answer this for the both of us.
    12-01-09 01:26 AM
    Hopefully we'll hear something soon. I'm wondering if this is simply not supported yet.
    12-01-09 10:25 AM
    I'm running Win 7 64, and my Tour (OS 5) shows up as
    BlackBerry Bypass Service
    Blackberry Desktop Service
    Dial-up networking (DUN)
    Remote Control
    12-01-09 04:07 PM
    I'm running Win 7 64, and my Tour (OS 5) shows up as
    BlackBerry Bypass Service
    Blackberry Desktop Service
    Dial-up networking (DUN)
    Remote Control
    Interesting. I'm running 4.7.1.61 on my Tour.

Did you install any Blackberry drivers to get it to work?
    12-01-09 06:43 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/blu...ry-dtm-262776/

using this method.....it worked for me.......
    12-01-09 07:14 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/blu...ry-dtm-262776/

using this method.....it worked for me.......
    Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately, I read that entry over the weekend, but it doesn't appear to apply to my situation. Specifically, I don't have any problem ("!") entries in my Device Manager list. Furthermore, I already see two "RIM Virtual Serial Ports" listed under ports.

What I'm unsure of is where the drivers associated to a Bluetooth device can be reviewed/updated/etc. in Windows 7. Connected Bluetooth devices don't appear under Device Manager (at least for me). I can see them under the "Bluetooth Device" list. However, I don't see any way to manage the driver for them under there.
    12-01-09 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD