Did a search and could find an answer. I am trying to pair my Storm with my Vista laptop. Everytime I try to pair Vista wants to install some device drivers. I get 2 failed installs for Bluetooth Peripheral Device on my laptop. The bluetooth setting shows it's paired with the passkey enabled but I can not transfer files from the storm to the laptop. Any ideas? Thanks!
    01-01-09 09:21 PM
    Did a search and could find an answer. I am trying to pair my Storm with my Vista laptop. Everytime I try to pair Vista wants to install some device drivers. I get 2 failed installs for Bluetooth Peripheral Device on my laptop. The bluetooth setting shows it's paired with the passkey enabled but I can not transfer files from the storm to the laptop. Any ideas? Thanks!
    I am having the exact same problem...any help would be great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 09:24 PM
    I just went through this a week ago so let me see if I can explain the procedure. First lets say you want to transfer a song. With the Storm open for your media, select music. Now use the BB button and you should see a menu item that says "receive using bluetooth", select this. Now go to your computer and right click on the bluetooth Icon by the clock. Select "send a file" and then browse to the song you want to send. This should work for you. Let me know if your still having problems and I will try to help more. Also I remember a thread explaining this someplace.

The same procedures can be used to send videos or documents etc.
    01-01-09 09:44 PM
    Tried that before. Always get transfer failed message. Think the problem is the device drivers did not install properly. Any more ideas?
    01-01-09 10:11 PM
    are you guys using 32 or x64 vista?
    01-02-09 09:22 PM
    Using 32bit. But got it to work. When pairing I had to check the "don't ask me again" checkbox. I didn't do this before because I didn't want the Storm to connect whenever I was in range of the laptop. It doesn't, it only connects when I transfer media.
    01-02-09 09:35 PM
    Having read other threads I uninstalled the two periferals. They appear to relate to the two RIM virtual ports that are already installed. Anyway, everything is still working fine. I also updated my software and drivers for the bluetooth dongle here:

drivers.anycom.com - then /beta/usb200-250/widcomm-bluetooth-v6-2-0-6100-vista (sorry can't post URL yet)

This added PIM Item Transfer and Object push to my Storm Device properties.

Seems to work much faster with data transfers in both directions
    01-03-09 01:19 PM
    boba1618 THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! from brazil!!!
    11-17-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD