Has anyone had trouble pairing a BT headset? I can't get my S2 to recognize my Plantronics 855 Voyager stereo headset.

I can delete it from my old BB and re-connect so it has to be related to my storm.

Any ideas?

PS - we got his and hers Storms so I tried it on Her Storm 2 - no go either so there must be some setting I'm not trying (set up just like my old BB 8830)

- OR - is there some new bluetooth standard that Storms can't connect to stereo headsets?
    Last edited by dcdude; 11-01-09 at 08:19 PM.
    11-01-09 08:01 PM
    Since this falls into this category, hope you dont mind me adding another enquiry.

Im not even able to send things over using bluetooth. At all. Connecting with other devices just doesnt seem to work. Anyother people experiancing this? (9520)
    11-01-09 08:12 PM
    Has anyone had trouble pairing a BT headset? I can't get my S2 to recognize my Plantronics 855 Voyager stereo headset.

I can delete it from my old BB and re-connect so it has to be related to my storm.

Any ideas?

PS - we got his and hers Storms so I tried it on Her Storm 2 - no go either so there must be some setting I'm not trying (set up just like my old BB 8830)

- OR - is there some new bluetooth standard that Storms can't connect to stereo headsets?
    Did you copy the bluetooth profile over from your Storm 1? Or is this a fresh pairing on the Storm 2
    11-01-09 08:25 PM
    I had the same problem on my new Storm2. I tried everything I knew, (which admittedly wasn't much), and finally ended up taking both to the Verizon store. After only a few minutes the rep had my headset paired and I was on my way. I don't know if it was a head-set issue or a Storm2 setting issue, but either way it's now fixed...
    Last edited by Valjean1962; 11-01-09 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
    11-01-09 08:35 PM
    Did you copy the bluetooth profile over from your Storm 1? Or is this a fresh pairing on the Storm 2
    Good idea - I thought I did but sure ought to check that.
    11-01-09 08:43 PM
    I just paired the exact same model 855 to my Storm. No problems encountered. For reference:
    1. Push and hold power on the 855 until the led flashes red n blue.
    2. Goto setup bt in the phone.
    3. Select Search
    4. Type 0000 and accept.
    5 wait and it will set itself up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 08:49 PM
    1. Push and hold power on the 855 until the led flashes red n blue.
    Shoot! It's always the little things. I was skipping that all important first step.

I didn't have to do that on my 8830. I could delete the device then just turn it on and re-pair.

Thanks for the heads up.
    11-01-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD