I had a computer problem last night and HP had me reinstall my os, vista. Prior to that, the bb was working fine with my bt adapter and I was using mobi mouse. I am not trying to sync to desktop mgr, just have the bb connect to the laptop. I added my adapter hardware id back to the bth file and I paired the bb to the laptop. When I try to connect, the connect button does not appear as an option. My services that I had before are also gone. I tried refreshing service list and that did not work. I've done a battery pull and restarted the laptop also. I've searched around but can't figure out what my next step should be. I also went into the driver settings and updated the drivers from instructions in another post from last year that I found on here. What do I do now?

Ok, more info. I can connect to desktop mgr thru the bluetooth and I can transfer files from the laptop to the bb. I cannot transfer files from the bb to the laptop. It says failed to find service.

The problem is that the bb will not stay connected to the laptop unless desktop mgr is open and "connect" still does not appear as an option on the phone. I have it set to connect on startup and even after a battery pull, it will not connect automatically. If I open desktop mgr, it immediately finds the bb thru bluetooth and asks if I want to connect. All of my services are gone though, except for the com port so mobi mouse works but no other services are listed.

Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?
    Last edited by chele519; 04-26-09 at 02:17 PM.
    04-26-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD