Hey, i recently got a new laptop and paired my bold 9700 to it. I'm sending it back and getting a replacement for it, so i haven't uploaded my itunes yet, but i was playing the music over bluetooth from my phone. I get this little popup control menu (See Image), but it doesn't actually allow me to control the music. Is there any fix for this, am i doing something wrong?

If Necessary, i've got a bold 9700 (fromt AT&T) running OS 5.0.0.602, and my laptop is an alienware m17x r1, with win 7 home premium.
    08-22-10 05:52 PM
    Well at least i'm not the only one experiencing this. If you find anything let me know
    08-23-10 05:23 PM
    You mean I can use bluetooth to stream my music on 9700! I've been using 3.5mm connectors. I have to try this tonight.
    08-23-10 05:33 PM
    It's actually really cool, once paired with my laptop i was able to make phone calls from my laptop, it gave me the option to use it as a modem wirelessly over BT, and use it as a speakerphone/headset for phone calls i received. I did it with the BB in it's charging dock tho since the BT on it is very battery draining.
    08-23-10 06:02 PM
    Not sure what's going on with you guys, I'm on Windows 7, Home Prem, 64bit, Dell Studio 17 with a 9700 and I've been able to control the music (Play, pause, skip, back...) through the applet on 5.0.0.405, 5.0.0.602 and 5.0.0.862.

Try updating your Bluetooth drivers on your PC. ?????
    08-23-10 07:59 PM
    Apparently i have the latest bluetooth driver, so idk what it is D: that's quite upsetting.
    08-23-10 08:23 PM
    It's actually really cool, once paired with my laptop i was able to make phone calls from my laptop, it gave me the option to use it as a modem wirelessly over BT, and use it as a speakerphone/headset for phone calls i received. I did it with the BB in it's charging dock tho since the BT on it is very battery draining.
    I have my 9700 paired with my pc. So how do I get to listen to music from my cell phone? Do I have to have the music synced?
    08-23-10 10:58 PM
    Is that a windows applet? Or is this a download? I would love to try this with my phone.
    08-24-10 10:02 AM
    Huh? I'm missing something! How the BLEEP are you guys doing this? I have my 9700 paired with my Toshiba Satellite WINVISTA Home Premium 32BIT 17" but when I play music, it just plays on my BB. Please explain. Is it an iTunes thing, a Win7 thing because if so, I understand. I don't use iTunes and don't have Win7.

And here I thought I was a nerdy tech guy...
    08-24-10 10:07 AM
    Can someone explain how they play music from BB to PC or laptop. My BB is connected via bluetooth but just like others here when I play music it plays on the BB not on my PC speakers.
    08-24-10 10:33 AM
    You can connect to your phone with an option on your pc to use your pc's speakers!

I can only use the speakers, the controls on the pc don't work at all.
    08-24-10 11:34 AM
    If you open up your bluetooth devices once they are paired, double click on your BB in the list and there is an option to play audio from your device through your computer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 04:03 PM
    OK, this is not working for me. I can't see any paired devices or rather, I can't show my Blackberry is paired with my laptop, even though it is. I'm running Vista SP2 on a Toshiba Satellite w/ built-in bluetooth.
    08-25-10 02:45 AM
    Can we all say "Right click it"?
    Yes, we can! (� Obama)

Does it help/enable controls?
    08-25-10 02:53 AM
    So, what's the secret? I'm feeling left out and pretty stupid.
    08-25-10 03:00 AM
    Vista's a pain in the ***.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 06:59 AM
    Vista's not playing fair at all. Guess I'll have to give up on this one.
    08-25-10 12:31 PM
    Vista's not playing fair at all. Guess I'll have to give up on this one.
    I am using Vista and I gave up too.
    08-25-10 10:50 PM
    My problem is that is only is picking up the DUN service over bluetooth. Maybe it's my BT dongle... not sure.

For those of you where this works, is there something in your device manager that shows some sort of hardware install for this to work?
    08-31-10 02:06 PM
    My problem is that is only is picking up the DUN service over bluetooth. Maybe it's my BT dongle... not sure.

For those of you where this works, is there something in your device manager that shows some sort of hardware install for this to work?
    Here same option, only showing me DUN service.
    I have a Dell precision M90 with build-in bluetooth adapter.

After removing driver and re-installing another driver for this module I see more options and I can connect the laptop from my phone to play music but still don't hear it.
    And I see when it is connected by bluetooth it shows bluetooth wave so I think I'm going the right way.
    Last edited by rytec; 09-01-10 at 09:10 AM. Reason: One step further...
    09-01-10 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD